Its time to make a change

kenewagner

I decided to take a diffrent path on my SC. I have put much time and effort into my M112. It has been disappointing to me for diffrent reasons of my own. I decided it was time to go another direction. Since I will be out of commision with some major surgery, I have worked hard to get the basics of my new blower set up. It still has much to do and I am not happy with the finish at this time but will correct that when I am back on my feet. I have never beleive spinning M90s or even the M112 faster and faster is an answer. The blowers make heat, spinning them faster makes more heat. I am not interested, at this time in turbos. I decided on a 2.3 whipple. It is mostly done except the top and fuel rail. It is not in its finished form I still might make some changes. It will fit easily under my Cervinis hood. I expect to start installing it in December or January. I will fabricate the new top one the blower is in the car so I can match it to my existing tubes. Some of the highlights of the set up are a custom TB intake that the stock linkage hooks right up to. It is huge in comparsion to a MP TB intake. A custom bilited bypass valve. The lower intake plenum has been split and opened up. Including machine boring the inlet. There is much chrome work already starting. The massive front mount clamp is going to the chrome shop. I decide to post the pictures to see what everyone thinks. It should be a sweet sounding, good looking, hard running set up when done.

Ken

Attachments

• New top.jpg
    New top.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 254
  • New.jpg
    New.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 185
  • New 1.jpg
    New 1.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 184
  • New 2.jpg
    New 2.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 219
  • New 3.jpg
    New 3.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 191
Very nice work Ken. Looks like a tight fit for the passenger side rocker cover to clear the inlet plenum, but that might just be the angle the picture was taken from. Looking forward to seeing how well it runs.

David

Good looking job as always. Tough to keep things secret for a long time. :D
Put me on the wait list. Hope you get it to work well, you should get a bigger cam while you are at it. take it to 7000rpms and watch it jump off the dyno. Good luck.

I hope you plan on upgrading to a 85mm TB, I know with the M112 you still had the 75mm TB, by the way beautiful work as usual.

Freaking Sweet

Hope u eventually start making kits for members once your up and running again.

:eek: WoW :eek:

Good luck with this thing. I hope it far and away exceeds your expectations!!
It's about time you starting having some good luck with this engine.

Ira

Thanks all for the imput. I am looking forward to finishing it up and dynoing it. I will be off line starting monday for the better part of the week as other things need to get fixed:rolleyes:

Ken

Thanks all for the imput. I am looking forward to finishing it up and dynoing it. I will be off line starting monday for the better part of the week as other things need to get fixed:rolleyes:

Ken

So I guess we won't be seeing you at the Club Clash next weekend :( Hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

David

Ken, as usual, awesome looking. :D

I'll be thinking about you Monday. Hope your recovery goes well and let me know when you're back in the shop... My suspension is installed now, so on to better things... :)

Please put me 2nd on the list.

Thank you.

Simply amazing! I swear one of these days I'll have a custom blower install from you. I hope anyway.

Last edited:
Chris, you'd be third in line. :)

I had to sign a secrecy waver giving up the rights to my first born and have seen pictures of this in it's early stages. Ken would email the pictures and say things "I can't believe I am showing you this it looks so bad" or "it's pretty rough". All I could see is "I want one".

Kenny is very critical of his work. All I an say is when I saw the pictures of this there was a disclaimer stating its finish was not up to par...And much like everyone else..ALL I could think of is.....I WANT ONE! hahaha
People like Kenny make me want to keep owning an SC...It makes me feel as there there is hope for us afterall!

Nice work Ken! Will be cool to have yet another SC running a different blower. Good luck on your surgery (not that luck has anything to do with it. :))

Ken

Have you weighed that thing. That has to add some serious weight to your motor.

Looks big, and nice.

Back