Clutch Master Cylinder Pin

Dahoopd

Anyone have an easier way of doing it. I have tried a bent nail and am losing my patience. I truly hate when an inanimate object fights back.

The pin that holds the clutch line in the master cylinder. But since I didn't get a reply, I just hacked the line up and pulled the master cylinder out. There has got to be an easier way when its in the car.

Impatient .. you asked that question at 2pm and hacked up a perfectly good clutch fluid line.

When I remove these, I twist the master cylinder from inside the car with a plumbers wrench so the pin is facing upwards and use a punch and hammer to tap the pin out. Takes less than 5 minutes.

- Dan

Yes, I get impatient. I have been doing 15 things at one time on this car trying to get it together. A little pin means the difference of beating the car with a bat and not.

The last time I hacked the line up and did it (your way) I dropped the pin down in the corner of the firewall. This is the third clutch line. They should have designed it better than that.

It also helps if you only tap it out part way and pull it the rest of the way out with plyers. Ive dropped pins before also. A magnetic stick helps to pick them up, but ive also lost them in the clutter of the engine compartment. I think the Super coupe is a car that definately requires patience. In your case, youve been working on the car ALOT, and that can be really fustrating. Thats what these forums are here for. Take a break, vent your anger, ask a couple questions, and get back to work when you feel better. :D

- Dan

Back