Check this out, affordable OE fit aluminum radiators less than $200

>wonder if this would be equivalent to 2 rows.

Notes:
  • 3.8 V6 ALL ALUMINUM, S/C
  • Core(Size): ALUM (15 x 19-3/8 x 1-1/4) - 2 Rows.
  • Tank: ALUMINUM
  • Weight(lbs): 10
  • Dim(in)(L x W x D): 23.80 X 7.10 X 24.20

>wonder if this would be equivalent to 2 rows.

Notes:
  • 3.8 V6 ALL ALUMINUM, S/C
  • Core(Size): ALUM (15 x 19-3/8 x 1-1/4) - 2 Rows.
  • Tank: ALUMINUM
  • Weight(lbs): 10
  • Dim(in)(L x W x D): 23.80 X 7.10 X 24.20

Thanks for clearing that up! :D ;)

if you look in their store the have them listed in different year groups and prices. As far as I know 89-93 are interchangeable but the 94-95 have different mounts.

Mercutio> It says 89-91. Is the radiator for the later cars different, or would this fit a 94?

On the linked page, it first says:
1989 1990 1991 FORD THUNDERBIRD ALL ALUMINUM RADIATOR
...underneath the large image and within the text block that immediately follows.

Right after the 'notes', it then says:
This Product Fits the Following Vehicles:
FORD THUNDERBIRD
* 1989-1994: V6 Cyl 3.8L 232

I agree with the comment that later years are a slightly different fit, however.

I am pretty sure they all mount tha same except the overflow tank nipple faces left for the early cars and right for the later

George & Duffy apparently discussed different year mounting details in this thread about a group build radiator prototype:

-=-=-
George: "There are two different stock style mounts. The earlier style rad can be mounted in all SC/XR7s by using the early style straight through mounting holes. I have not seen this prototype but the previous version had an elongated tab on the passenger side to accommodate all years."

Duffy: "You are correct.....this version uses an elongated tab so the stock bolt locations and bushing can be used. For you later model fellows you will need to get some bushings but will be able to use the stock rad. support bolt holes to mount the radiator. This was done so it was not necessary to make two different models which drives up the cost. Same for why all radiators will come with a tranny cooler. Also the reason you will be supplied with a right angle adaptor to be used with the coolant overflow so you can direct flow to the passenger side or driver's for your overflow tube to the reservoir."
-=-=-

I'm tempted to buy the eBay unit and set it aside for later - might even install it without painting :)

Last edited:
I would call or inquire before you buy one. The wording is makes me believe it is for a N/A car except in one place where it does state.

3.8 V6 ALL ALUMINUM, S/C

But in the dictionary S/C means self-contained.

the picuture shown is an SC radiator, they have the NA radiators listed in a seperate auction.

They do list a different radiator for the 92-94 cars, but I'm curious: they have the exact same number of 89-91 units and 92-94 units, and I'm curious as to why it doesn't list anything for the 95. I'm a little skeptical that they have their information correct. Can anyone confirm that the radiator design did in fact change for the 92 model year? Duffy's post mentions only "late model" cars, which to me has always meant 94-95 cars.

Auto/5 Speed

Doesn't matter I guess, and those using stock IC have to make a bracket.

Very good price!!!

Tom

the picture shown is an SC radiator, they have the NA radiators listed in a separate auction.

It sort of looks like a SC radiator, but it is missing a few brackets. The transmission lines are different (Oops the raceware radiator isn't correct.)

attachment.php

RADIATOR-1046AA_Z.JPG

I just checked and my '90 radiator has the bracket brazed on, but I have the bolt on/off bracket that came off a '92 radiator that I parted out. i'll ask to see if the brackets are included

Last edited:
looks like it'll bolt right up. Has the bolts on the bottom to accept the stock steel IC frame. The tranny line inputs are the same too. Just add some fittings in there. Good find

I sent this message last nite

I just have a couple questions. My 1990 Thunderbird SC does not have removeable intercooler bracket to reuse on another radiator, does your radiator include the bracket? Also is there a difference in your radiators for the 94-95 model years? The 94-95 models have a different method of mounting tabs.

Here is the response

Thank you for posting our store in you web side we really appreciated. Unfortunately this radiator doesnt come with the brackets you have to huse your bracket. The 94-95, well the 94 will fit but it changes in 95. The 95 radiator is diffrent. Thank you for your business.

I just checked and my '90 radiator has the bracket brazed on, but I have the bolt on/off bracket that came off a '92 radiator that I parted out. i'll ask to see if the brackets are included

The 92 and up (I'm assuming) have a bolt on i/c bracket?
My 91 is brazed just like your 90.

Mike

I bought one of the 4.6 versions, I needed a radiator for the wifes car and at $20 more than a stock replacement for all aluminum I didn't think I could go wrong. I hope it fits correctly.
Alan

Back