PDA

View Full Version : Need a hole in firewall

fastsc92
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Simply put, I need to find a location to run a wiring harness on the pass side of the car. It needs to enter/exit somewhere near the A/C accumulator on the firewall so that I can enter it near the glovebox. Any easy locations or am I forced to drill a hole?

KMT
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Personally, since the passenger side is already pretty busy/crowded, I prefer to pass-thru on the driver's side, underneath the brake unit, and then cross over inside, behind the dash.

I have run wires on the passenger side, outside, over the top, at the corner of the hood, down into the door well, and then inside the body, but only for temporary needs such as cameras, diagnostics, etc.

mywhite89
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I wired a switch for my secondary fan in that same location. I couldn't find any easy way to do it, so I drilled a hole through the firewall underneath the accumulator. If you do this, just make sure you use a rubber grommet so you don't end up wearing a hole in the wiring someday.

Its crowded in that location, but where isn't it crowded underneath the hood of one of these? Nobody could even tell I drilled a hole there it looks so good until I just not spilled the beans!

nwnsc
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
put thru the attana wire hole. i moded the gromit and ran a power wire thru it on my 93

dbd
10-08-2008, 05:13 PM
This link might give you some ideas.

Later
dbd

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101406&highlight=firewall