230hp ~~~~

superdadsc

Went over to check on my car tonight on the way home from work. There was a outside chance it might be ready and I figured I would check on it's status. He said the vacumm lines where fixed and he got the gauges in. They looked real nice. He said he would get to the seal tomorrow and that she would be good to go. He looked at me when he was setting the new tach and said "She makes good power" Really, I didn't expect him to put it on the dyno but he did to sort out the lines. I asked him how much and he say's 230. I looked at him sideways and he says "Thats at the rear wheels" Like I was suppose to be happy. All this time and money and I get 230. Something must be wrong. My first thought is the blower. He didn't make the pull so he didn't know the boost. So I will find out tomorrow.

What's the Damn problem?

I have a SCT from Dave D tuned via the mail. He said the car is running rich,so the tune needs to be reworked. Thats doesn't bother me but there is no way I will pick up 70hp from a tune.

It has a 95 ported blower
Dave D Regrind cam
MP Plenum
10 JS pulley
Double ic
75 tb
76 C&L Maf
60lbs injec
High flow cats
Borla resonator

Those are the parts worth mentioning. The heads are not ported but they have the proper springs and pushrods.

Any suggestions?

Stephen:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes, these cars are terrible to modify. With those modifications you should be happy with the gains.

What did David tell you about the mail order tune? How conservative is it? What timing is it set at?

Between running rich and possible low timing, I'm sure there is more room for hp.

Is this a fresh engine?

Stephen, take a deep breath and wait for a real tune. 230 is not bad. More can be had but be patient, finding the right combo can be haard. Ask me I should know. :(

Thanks guy's. I have read on these boards over and over again of differant setups. I have seen people with my set up making at least 275. Yes the motor is fresh. Does that make a differance? I will email dave. He has been great and very patient. A professional by every respect. If I hadn't been jerked around by this A hole that manages my money I would have had his motor in there right now. But that's another story. All that money!

Stephen

Thanks ricardo. I knew the heads were going to be a limiting factor. But the motor was complete and the mechanic said leave well enough alone. I knew better. I should have taken them off and had them done.

Really when it comes down to it she will probably be sweet to ride again. The original motor is being torn down and I will start the rebuild on that with some real heads. Just as long as she holds together until I rebuild the other. Then I will blow that engine sky high and be laughing all the way!

Stephen

I got 60lbs injectors because I am getting a STS remote turbo to compound boost it. So I was just planning for the future. I didn't want to buy injectors twice.

Maybe that will come next to see what kind of power it will make with this setup.

Or heads first?

I quess I don't know what I am doing but I will have a smile on my face when I get her tomorrow.

Stephen

I got 60lbs injectors because I am getting a STS remote turbo to compound boost it. So I was just planning for the future. I didn't want to buy injectors twice.

Maybe that will come next to see what kind of power it will make with this setup.

Or heads first?

I quess I don't know what I am doing but I will have a smile on my face when I get her tomorrow.

Stephen

That makes sense I don't like buying things twice either. If it was my car personally I would get the heads first, since the turbo will like higher flowing heads.

Yeah, I was just putting my 4 year old to sleep and as I was laying there I realized that I needed the heads done or the turbo wouldn't work on the top end. More money, more money

It's funney how a little girl falling asleep in your arms puts my life into perspective.:D

Stephen

Once again people are paying to much attention to dyno numbers. I am not a big fan of the dyno numbers since it really doesnt tell the whole story of what the car can do on the track. Just my 2 cents and know its not worth much.

The heads are killing you as is more then anything, running rich.

Id think getting a proper mail order tune for 60lb injectors will be hard no matter who its from as well...

However doing a turbo with even the stock heads wil be nicey nice....however..will the m90 be a restriction at that point

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....see if you can get the tune worked out for now..No matter what running rich is not good...See if you can get the AFR

I heard that at the next shoot-out, they'll bypass the drum-o-death shop and instead draw 'dyno numbers' out of an old racing helmet - followed immediately by a visit to the local pub where everyone will get drunk and go right into arguing over hp/trq ratings :)

I heard that at the next shoot-out, they'll bypass the drum-o-death shop and instead draw 'dyno numbers' out of an old racing helmet - followed immediately by a visit to the local pub where everyone will get drunk and go right into arguing over hp/trq ratings :)

Are you actually coming to the next shootout to draw numbers from said hat:rolleyes:

>coming to the next shootout

Not unless I decide to violate my 35th's low-mileage status by adding another 5k (over 5 days) to the odometer :)

Last edited:
Back