PDA

View Full Version : Fordnutz Indian Summer Fun Run

Brad
09-15-2002, 09:31 PM
The SCCoWC's last event of the summer began like most others did... WAY TOO EARLY! :) The first stop of the day was Tim Hortons, Ironwood Plaza, Richmond - to pick up Miles and his family to cruise out to the club meeting place - Tim Hortons, 200th Street, Langley. We met up with Bill & Jeremy, Jim, Lisa and her brother Jori, Jim Cooke (who is never forgotten ;))and Kevin to cruise out as a club to the designated meeting area for the Fordnutz Indian Summer Fun Run. While waiting for registration to start, a 1993 Midnight Blue T-bird SC decides to join us. It was not so new member Mark Santos, for his first ever SCCoWC meet.

THE FUN RUN

After the registration process was complete, the cruise began. Directions and maps were handed out by Scott Ferguson of Fordnutz. The first stop on the list was the Domaine de Chaberton Winery. After looking around the winery, we continued on our way. With the majority of our club members missing a turn, except for our birthday girl, Lisa, we found the way to the next check point, all but one of us. Hey, after all it IS an SCCoWC meet. :) The cruise led us through Langley, Abbotsford, to the Stave Lake Dam in Mission. The planned route took us back through Abbotsford to Fort Langley and back to cruisers. Thanks to Lisa and Jori for noticing a mistake in the directions, so we didn’t get lost when most people did. Overall the cruise was a success!

FUN RUN WRAP-UP

After arriving back at Cruisers, all of us, except for Kevin, sat down for a late lunch while waiting for the prizes to be awarded. The SCCoWC cleaned house in the prizes department which are listed as follows:

Bill – a mug
Bill - hotwheels :)
Miles – a fountain tire gift certificate
Miles – 8x14 picture of a 1965 crown Victoria
Lisa – hotwheels :)
Mark – a bottle of wine from the winery
Mark – a t-bird hotwheels
Mark - $50.00 cash

Thanks to Fordnutz for organizing this event and a big thanks to Cruisers for hosting it. Many thanks to the members who attended and our next meet is on October 4,5, and 6 in Edmonton, Alberta.

92SCDoughboy
09-15-2002, 10:43 PM
First off, it was a very fun event, which i wasn;t really thinking it would be that good. And yeas, I as the one who made the wrong turn, ending up in downtown mission somehow. Thx Kevin for leading us the right way, i made sure to stick i nthe middle of the pack from there on in. I know Brad and Ernie got some good ideas for future events /cruises with this trip, and I guarantee, they will be awesome, there are some damn nice roads made for ours cars in there.

Brad, thx for the donut there in the end,i t was very SWEET!!, I aws quite proud of mine as well, next time I'll keep going, We should have had that video filiming on those.

Thx to everyone who showed up, and I look forward to it again next time. And nice to meet you Mark and your GF whos name i forogt, cause I just suck.

One Final not for you Brad, u forgot to mention that Jim Cooke was there, and that I won Hot Wheels as well.

webmaster of WC
09-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Might I add Jim Cooke Was Also there. Bill also won 2 hotwheels and some of the pictures are posted for this meet in the event pictures section of the website. I beleive it was the 3rd checkpoint in which Bill and keven got lost because of a cougar in front of them was going to slow and they lost the group at a set of lights.

In the exam part of the cruise many of the members scored 13/15 or 14/15, no one got perfect due to a trick question.

It was fun and i would like to that the fordnutz club for hosting the event and inviting our club to tag along.

92SCDoughboy
09-15-2002, 11:52 PM
eh jeremy, it asn;t just us that got lost, remember u were there too :D

webmaster of WC
09-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Oh ya I got you lost, now i remember.

Tazer999
09-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Sounds like it was fun, too bad I didn't get to come, oh well, :D

Anyone got pics of Mark's car? I always did like twilight or midnight blue cars

Brad
09-16-2002, 12:23 AM
there we go.. necessary changes made-thanks for pointing them out

92SCDoughboy
09-16-2002, 12:31 AM
anytime Brad, we like finding your faults :p :D

ernieoncrack
09-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Mark's car

http://www.sccowc.com/meets/150902funrun/Picture%20640.jpg

oh and they're ernie's flaws you're pointing out since i typed it out.. i had jim's name down but it looked like jori's.. i wasn't really paying attention.

jimpcooke
09-16-2002, 08:13 PM
You forgot to mention that I was there...

webmaster of WC
09-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Don't worry Jim i got your back.