View Full Version : what is this for?

09-15-2002, 10:29 PM
ok, sorry for this curde description but, the piece of sheet metal that goes between the engine and the flywheel and bolts to the trans has a rubber gasket on it. what does the gasket seal? i went to ford and supposedly there isnt suppose to be a gasket there on the supercoupes.

09-16-2002, 12:01 AM
I think I know what peice you're talking about. I have no clue what it is but I could get a pic of it. See if someone else might know.

Jeremy van Rossum

09-16-2002, 12:24 AM
so do i need it? i mean i certainly dont want dirt in my main seal. i am going to bead blast it and i was going to take it off, but if it is not replacable then i will just have to tape it up.