Anybody use DamperDoctors.com for Harmonic Balancer?

I was thinking about getting one from them a few months ago but I'm still confused about the pulley issue. My understanding is the stock crank pulley is balanced with the balancer and the BHJ requires a zero balance pulley. I asked damperdoctor about it and they didn't know anything about the pulley balance. Is this a SC specific issue?

XR7Kurt> My understanding is the stock crank pulley is balanced with the balancer and the BHJ requires a zero balance pulley. I asked damperdoctor about it and they didn't know anything about the pulley balance. Is this a SC specific issue?

See if this post helps...

Yes, that helps, thanks. I couldn't find anyplace around here that would balance the pulley by itself, a couple said it would need to be balanced with the entire rotating assembly. It's good to know that people have just reused the original pulley as is with a new balancer.

Yes, that helps, thanks. I couldn't find anyplace around here that would balance the pulley by itself, a couple said it would need to be balanced with the entire rotating assembly. It's good to know that people have just reused the original pulley as is with a new balancer.
I used my OEM pulley with a BHJ balancer. 1 year so far and no problems. Even used a grade 8.8 bolt :eek: Everything is holding up just fine... I do intend to get the correct bolt eventually, but the fit of the BHJ and the balance is so good that its not a concern. :cool:

Back