89 XR7 5 speed $500

XR7Kurt

Price is Firm. Engine ran fine when taken apart to fix timing cover leak 2 years ago. The further I tore it down the more I wanted to do, but it just never happened. The car has 222,000 miles on it. I've had it since 2004 when it was at about 180,000 miles. Since then I've replaced most of the front end, front brake rotors, supercharger snout seal,oil pressure sending unit, driver side door hinges(shuts like new) and the alternator. It has catless downtubes, 10% sc pulley and a stainless magnaflow resonator.

Interior is in decent shape, dash is cracked.

It needs a brake accumulator, battery, tires, parking brake cable and the valve covers were leaking. The left front fender has a couple of small dents from when I went crazy trying to find the clunk in my front end.:eek: I didn't beat it with a hammer or anything they're just from pushing on the fender trying to get the front end to make the clunk. It turned out to be loose K member bolts.

Transmission shifted fine except sometimes it took a little effort to get into first at a stop.

This is a southern car all it's life and is very solid. Located in Oak Ridge, TN. Near Knoxville, 25 minutes from I-75 or I-40.

Attachments

• 5-spd first pics passenger side.jpg
    5-spd first pics passenger side.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
why cant you be closer!!!
I might ask the same of you:rolleyes: Come on, make the road trip, travel cost was factored into my asking price. Do you expect a rust free 5-speed delivered to your doorstep for $500!:p

I might ask the same of you:rolleyes: Come on, make the road trip, travel cost was factored into my asking price. Do you expect a rust free 5-speed delivered to your doorstep for $500!:p

I can always wish...right!:D

If you still have it at the end of november i should have the funds to come get it from you, unless of course you wanted to deliver a rust free 5spd to my doorstep for $500 next weekend!!!:)

unless of course you wanted to deliver a rust free 5spd to my doorstep for $500 next weekend!!!
Thanks for the offer but I've already had my XR7 western adventure for the year, Bryce can vouch for me.:D

I can always wish...right!
I know all about that, check out my thread in the trades forum.

Thanks for the offer but I've already had my XR7 western adventure for the year, Bryce can vouch for me.:D

Sorry kinda new here, who's bryce?

Anyways, do you have any pics of the interior? can you send them to drake_0_5@yahoo.com Does the autostrangler on the driverside work? lap belt on passenger? good weatherstripping/rubberstripping? moonroof work, good seal? window motors work? regulators good? fuel bracket under passenger beneath car still there? sway-bar links good? what were the rotors like? injectors still good? headlights in good shape(discolored/cracked)?

Lots of questions I know, but my xr7 has lots of problems.:eek: Thats not all either...:(

P.s. how's the ac compresser? blower motor? bracket that goes around the "fluids/low" display any good? gauge cluster work? parking brake shroud(inside center console)?...sad part is that i could keep going. :mad:

Sorry kinda new here, who's bryce?
Sorry it's kind of an inside joke. Bryce is another member that I tried to buy an XR7 off of earlier this week but didn't happen through no fault of either of us. I ended up driving to Kansas City for nothing but it ended well as I ended up getting my 94 5-speed a couple of month's later.

Answers pertaining to working or not working are based on what it was doing 2 years ago.
Interior pics are shown in linked post, I can take more this weekend.

Does the autostrangler on the driverside work? lap belt on passenger? good weatherstripping/rubberstripping? moonroof work, good seal? window motors work? regulators good? fuel bracket under passenger beneath car still there? sway-bar links good? what were the rotors like? injectors still good? headlights in good shape(discolored/cracked)?
Yes, yes, decent, no moonroof that's the black car, n/a, yes I replace window gears, yes, yes, yes, new front rotors, yes, discolored.

P.s. how's the ac compresser? blower motor? bracket that goes around the "fluids/low" display any good? gauge cluster work? parking brake shroud(inside center console)?
ac compressor was new and barely used due to leak in other part of system, blower motor good, vmm and bracket fine, yes, will have to check on brake shroud.

how about the supercharger? I don't know a whole lot about the superchargers on these but I think I we located a "rattling noise" to the supercharger, they have bearings for the "screws/rotors" correct?

is the five speed strong? this car is complete correct? just not put together right now, right?

And my offer still stands that you bring it here! :p

SVT_BIRDSC your pm's are full. I still have the car. As stated in the first post the car is not running currently.

Believe me, I am trying to work this one out.....

My 98 Chevy truck that I use to tow with is having fuel pump problems, again.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gas is $1.41/gal here, the time is right to come get a cheap, rust free XR7! I'd be willing to consider parts for trade also.

Last edited:
Believe me, I am trying to work this one out.....

My 98 Chevy truck that I use to tow with is having fuel pump problems, again.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do like I said before, bypass the system and find an igniton source to power the pump.

Bump back to the top.

S

Back