anyone in the York PA area, or know of anyone?

Bacondoggy

I need to get my car freaking worked on - I wouldn't mind even throwing some $$$ to someone willing to come down here sometime... This is my list in no particular order of preferance because there is just too much to decide where to begin!

both windows broken (one the plastic pieces in the window wont stay in the regulator even after using plastic weld, the other just needs the stupid plastic gear in)

sunroof leakes/rattles (I guess I just need a new one of these?)

climate contorl on the fritz

car needs painted! (open to anyone who knows of a good place in the York, PA area - along with bodywork - like the spoiler)

wheels need re-chromed (just have the rims sitting around, I would like to make use of them, and get tires)

Pieces I want put on my car that are sitting in my garage:
BBK 70mm TB, C&L MAF (should I put this on people say its junk???), steel tensioner pulleys, double IC, raised top, 3.55 gears

....I know - I should be beaten for having all these parts just sitting around not on the car, but I get overwhelmed with things and have no one to help and some things I cannot do myself and I get pissed and end up doing nothing. For example - I don't even have a speedometer in my car - all the other guages are white - the last 2 speedos broke when trying to remove the needle, I have one now, but am scared to take it off :eek: and the wheel size is wrong anyways, so I am waiting to get the new wheels tires on can 3.55's so the speedo will be calibrated... none of my friends know how to work on cars because they are stupid and could care less... POOP. lol

Where abouts

Whats near York, PA? I might be able to get the wheels re-chromed and new tires put on any size you want-mounted and balanced!

TB-MAF no problem, what size maf and do you have the right sample tube?

Tom

well if your willing to compinsae for my drive down i could help ya out. I know my sc needs work too but im hung up on money right now being layed off in all. So i have nothing but free time. I Live in Tioga PA near the NY border. But i know i could help ya out.

I am going to try to give helpful advice. I wish I could help you out, as I am not too far, but I am short on time to handle even my own issues.

both windows broken (one the plastic pieces in the window wont stay in the regulator even after using plastic weld, the other just needs the stupid plastic gear in)

I am not totally sure what you mean here. If your window keeps coming out of the clips, then the best thing you can do is to take it to a body or glass shop. I disassembled everything myself, took it over there, and had them glue it in with their special 2-part 3M epoxy or whatever. It is the only thing that worked long-term, and I tried many, many things.

The gear plugs in the regulator are not too hard to change. You can do that yourself for sure.

sunroof leakes/rattles (I guess I just need a new one of these?)

Probably just a new seal. Some of the rattles come from worn-out springs that keep the wind deflector (little metal spoiler-like thing) in place. Some others are mysterious and may not be easy to correct.

climate contorl on the fritz

That's a pretty complicated system. I think it may be able to give you trouble codes through the display? Try searching for info on here and TCCoA.

car needs painted! (open to anyone who knows of a good place in the York, PA area - along with bodywork - like the spoiler)

Now that could be expensive. My brother-in-law said there is a pretty good place called Jack's that is reasonably priced. I think it might be in Ephrata?

wheels need re-chromed (just have the rims sitting around, I would like to make use of them, and get tires)

Hmm, I dunno.

Pieces I want put on my car that are sitting in my garage:
BBK 70mm TB, C&L MAF (should I put this on people say its junk???), steel tensioner pulleys, double IC, raised top, 3.55 gears

....I know - I should be beaten for having all these parts just sitting around not on the car, but I get overwhelmed with things and have no one to help and some things I cannot do myself and I get pissed and end up doing nothing.

Don't worry about it. I have plenty of those myself. I have gotten some of my mods completed, which is great. But you have to pace yourself. I think you should fix the nagging issues before you modify. You will enjoy the car more immediately once those things are fixed. Then you can get those mods done without the other worries on your mind.

For example - I don't even have a speedometer in my car - all the other guages are white - the last 2 speedos broke when trying to remove the needle, I have one now, but am scared to take it off :eek: and the wheel size is wrong anyways, so I am waiting to get the new wheels tires on can 3.55's so the speedo will be calibrated... none of my friends know how to work on cars because they are stupid and could care less... POOP. lol

That is tricky. Maybe you need a better tool for it. I mean, it's hard to pull straight up on those needles.

Last edited:
Back