VMM Self Diagnostics Test

Young-SC-Owner

I was sitting on the coutch this afternoon and read the FSM, and came across this test of the VMM,,pretty cool IMO....

Whew here i go..

The module has a self test mode that can be entered while the module is in the vehicle. This mode will test the module's response to engine RPM, oil temperature, fluid levels, and also engine and electronic instrument cluster (EIC) wiring harness strap inputs.

Enter the test by starting the vehicle and within 16 seconds from starting, press and hold the reset switch for four (4) seconds. The entire display will flash when the reset button is pressed (if only the oil change display flashes, release the reset switch and see below). If the reset switch is released within four (4) seconds, the display will stop flashing and resume normal operation. Do not run engine faster than 6100 RPM.

If only the oil change display flashes in the above sequence, then tach signal to the module is missing, the Self Diagnostics Test canot be entered until the signal is provided.

Each reset switch press and release advances the module to the next test mode. Turn the ignition OFF to terminate the self test.

Tach Input Test

As soon as diagnostics is entered the module is in the tach input test mode and the display lights up in segments OK, CHANGE, NOW, SOON, and GREEN BAR in sequence, proportional to the number of tach pulses measured. (engine RPM). The faster the engine RPM, the faster the sequence of lights.

Oil Temp Test

When the reset switch is pressed and released, the display advances to this test. the "OIL" nomenclature is lit and the oil tempeature will be indicated per the table below.....

Oil Temp -- Display
Cold--Green Bar, Oil
Cool--Green Bar, Soon, Oil
Normal--Green Bar, Soon, Now, Oil
Warm--Green Bar, Soon, Now, Low Radiator, Oil
Hot--Green Bar, Soon, Now, Low Radiator, Radiator, Oil

Fluid Level Tests

In fluid level test mode, LOW's are turned ON for a "low" reading and OFF for a normal reading. The fuel ISO is also turned ON for low fuel. The oil change display stays OFF. When in self test diagnostics mode, the fluid level indicators will respond instantaneously, except for oil leven which has up to an eight (8) second delay.

Hope it gives yall something to do this WKND!!
I hope somebody appreciates it!!:D
-Tony

Back