255 fuel pump?

CurtisPaulfrey

what is the part number for the 255 fuel pump that works on our SCs?

I bought one from Bill at SCP and it was a GSS307, is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Gotta love Google!

The link is to a vehicle vs. pump listing. It states the GSS307 can be used but its not the high volume pump.

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/numbers.html

The info below is from the mustang boards and the GN boards.

GSS307 will maintain 255psi up to 50-60psi fuel pressure. At 35-60 PSI they are the same volume. At 60psi+ the GSS307 drops off volume because it is not a high pressure unit.

The 340 just has a curve that flows at a higher pressure so if you had 50's and was running over 70 PSI at WOT all the time the 340 would benefit you. The only time you would see a power increase in the 340 over the 307 is if you needed the fuel.

From what was found, the GSS307 can be used if you dont plan on going over 60psi.

I sold the pump to him ^

then I find out its not the high volume pump....keep in mind this is the pump that came off of the white car that blew up after 14 miles :eek:

I bought it from Bill @ SCP.....

As I stated, that pump is not the high flow unit. It can be modified to flow at the rate of the GSS340 but it shortens the life of the pump. The GSS307 is more suited to the V8 NA bird. Sounds to me that maybe this may have been a result of your lean condition.

Its been stated in other threads by individuals that know these cars that the one SCP sells is not the correct pump for our application.

Its been stated in other threads by individuals that know these cars that the one SCP sells is not the correct pump for our application.

why in the world would SUPER COUPE PERFORMANCE sell a fuel pump that isn't for an SC :confused:

I have an e-mail to Bill :mad:

The standard 255 pump will work for an SC. I used it on mine for a couple years. But when switching to the the MP2 and 50lb injectors I decided to up for the 255 HP version, which I bought from Spinning Wheels SC. I believe SCP can get you the HP pump, you just have to ask for it as they don't list it on the website.

Back