Zoop seal

Tony8470

After going over the other option for sealing the polish on aluminum. I think this may be the best way to go, still open to other suggestions! I was thinking of using a sharpie and highlighting the magnum powers logo on my plenum with a sharpie. I liked the appearance that it was anodized but retained the polished look behind it. I worried that if I seal the plenum with pretty much anything that it will wash it off. Anyone try something like this before?

how often do you have to wax engine compartment parts? What about the hard to reach and not visible areas of the parts?

Wouldn't you think rims are a better test? To clarify I used it on my chrome wheels and it did not work as advertised. They had some rust issues, I had to polish and wax them. Now I wax them every 6 months.

zoop.jpg

rimsb.jpg

For under the engine I use chrome and aluminum polish. Wipe it down every now and then to keep it shinny. Especially after it gets wet. Degreasing is a must. I can look up the brand if you like? :confused:

Wouldn't you think rims are a better test? To clarify I used it on my chrome wheels and it did not work as advertised. T

zoop seal won't work on chromed steel. Zoop seal won't polish aluminum. There are no advertisements that tell you it will polish or shine aluminum or protect chromed steel, let alone regular steel.

Zoop seal is a type of ceramic coating that works to prevent oxidation of aluminum parts. The parts need to be clean and as polished as you want before application. Because once you apply it, the stuff won't add any shine, and you'd have to strip it if you find you need to polish more.

It works by filling in the pores in the aluminum structure preventing moisture and oxygen from reaching the aluminum, thus preventing the oxidation of the aluminum. It is the oxidation of aluminum in the open air that causes shiny aluminum parts to be come less shiny in short order, and require much more effort to polish back to a nice shine than chrome does.

It works, but requires significant effort to apply. In under hood locations, it will last longer than on wheels. It wears off through abrasion.

Different process and some suppliers disagree with the application. As per Eastwood:
"Finally a product to protect and seal all of your polished aluminum,chrome,and stainless steel"

I do not think Zoop Seal is not worth the $79+ price.

For the past two years with interior chrome and metal parts I used Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. $4.99 from amazon.com. Provides a lasting protective coating. I apply it once a year. It is now almost gone. :eek:

bluemagic.jpg

To fix the rims I used turtle way chrome polish & rust remover followed by a good coat of turtle way hard shell wax (long lasting type). The rest of the car exterior gets turtle wax Ice wax. I wax the rims two times a year. This is a little work. :eek:

Next, I am thinking about using Maas Metal Polishing System. This stuff works for metals, plastics, aluminum and etc... Saves space for long distance car shows...

99912_black.jpg

I am considering the tube and protector.
:)

The base metal doesn't really matter here. The fact that they have a chrome finish (as opposed to polished aluminum) does.

zoop seal won't work on chromed steel. Zoop seal won't polish aluminum. There are no advertisements that tell you it will polish or shine aluminum or protect chromed steel, let alone regular steel.

Rust is the oxidation of iron metal (in chrome). I guess they should correct the advertisement on the Zoop Seal site:
Prevent dulling and oxidation
Retain the polished brightness and luster of aluminum
Eliminate the need for repeat polishing
Be long lasting*
Will work on aluminum, brass, and stainless steel
Be safe to use and environmentally friendly
Eliminate undesirable powder coating or chrome to chip, peel, and yellow

As I said above Maas seems to be an alternative that the bikers prefer.
:D

Last edited:
I'm not a biker but I would like to know from Rod and Mike if you guys think that the zoop seal is the best idea for me?

Rust is the oxidation of iron metal (in chrome). I guess they should correct the advertisement on the Zoop Seal site:

As I said above Maas seems to be an alternative that the bikers prefer.
:D

Hmm, I've never seen Zoop claim that before. I guess I'd need to see their engineering behind it. I've seen their aluminum engineering. I wouldn't bother using something like that on Chrome. Chrome is so resistant to oxidation, I can't imagine that the silicone/ceramic stuff would give you any advantage.

Note they do not claim to "polish" anything.

If you don't want to have to polish it all the time, I'd give the zoops a try after you get the part nice and polished. Follow the zoops directions closely. It is very sensitive to how it's applied. Maybe have a couple parts, one with zoops, another with nothing, then see if you find any value to what you have.

Last edited:
I have the high polish I wanted on plenum. I'm going to send out the nose to get done cause once was enough for me! The case I'm going to order in polished...no way in hell I'm trying that one. I guess I'll go ahead and get the zoop.

Another question is the first one. Is the base of the zoop seal a chemical that may make my sharpie highlights on the magnum powers logo bleed, you think?

I have the high polish I wanted on plenum. I'm going to send out the nose to get done cause once was enough for me! The case I'm going to order in polished...no way in hell I'm trying that one. I guess I'll go ahead and get the zoop.

Another question is the first one. Is the base of the zoop seal a chemical that may make my sharpie highlights on the magnum powers logo bleed, you think?

It certainly could. I'd test it on a piece of aluminum.

Back