Need help building a s/c motor.

Nate_V6

Hey there all, awhile agao i had a 98 v6 which v6sprout threw a m90 swap on and it made 210rwhp ad 305rwtq with a 10% o/d running 12psi and stock IC. well im going back to the whole m90 swap again but this time im planning on dropping in an entire supercoupe motor but i wanted to know a few things 1st. 1. this car is a 97 mustang fully loaded, will all my accessories work? 2. im planning on getting 350rwhp out of a supercoupe motor, now magnum motorsports has a power package that claims 350rwhp out of a stock supercoupe motor....how true would this be? these are the parts they list

* MPx Supercharger case with MPx Intake Plenum
* Magnum Powers 85mm Throttle Body
* Magnum Powers Cold Air Kit with 3 ½" Chrome Intake Tube
* Magnum Powers Raised Top
* Magnum Power Front Mount Intercooler Kit
* 25% Pulley set including 10 rib Supercharger, Jackshaft and 8 rib Crank Pulley with Belts and heavy duty tensioner springs.

Power Package #2 with Stock Engine capable of up to 350 RWHP
With Built Engine capable of up to 425 RWHP/470RWTQ

and it says call if you cant get that and they will tell me what im doing wrong. i was told that the stock s/c motor is good for 400rwhp so 350 should be fine for the s/c motor to run reliably. if that wouldnt get me there, what more would be required? and how close would that get me? and i would be running uncoated rotors in the mpx since i have heard of the coating stripping.

thanks for your help

You want that level of hp, I'd say you'd need a cam and some head porting done to add to that kit.

Frit

and most importantly, you'll need fuel mods and a tune to go with it.. talk to dave dalke about it, he should be able to lead you in the right direction.

yea i know the fuel mods and tune, just want to know how to hit 350rwhp with a roots on a stock super coupe. i know i could go turbo or centrifugal but i dont care much for those.... so what should i get out of that power package 2 without heads and cam? whats daves handle on here? and who is dave lol

power pack #2 without heads and a cam? why even bother

has a MPX car broke 400 HP yet?

EDIT: who said anything about a "stock engine"

Exhaust :Headers 1 5/8" by 26" long 2 ½" collector

Intake : Magnum Powers MP Extreme (MPx) Supercharger w/ Intake Plenum
Magnum Powers 85mm Throttle Body
Magnum Powers Cold Air Intake
C&L 85mm MAF (Requires custom tune)

Intercooler :Magnum Powers Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Engine : Ported Heads
Cam: Intake Duration 210 / Exhaust 220 lift .493" LSA 112
50 pound Fuel Injectors
Motorcraft Sparkplugs gapped at .032"
Magnum Powers 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
Magnum Powers 10 rib 15% SC/JS Pulley Kit
MP Belt Tensioner Springs on upper and lower belts

Chassis :255LPH Fuel Pump

Last edited:
what do you mean "who said anything about a stock engine?" it says so on their website, i emailed them anyways just to see what they say. so would i be looking at 300rwhp and around 380rwtq with the power pack 2? i guess that would put me in the high 12s with a mustang body.... btw can someone show me how to contact dave?

And to answer the rest of your question, NO, you can not run the factory Musturd stuff on the engine if you plan on running the SC stuff.

SWS

It sounds like you need to go to www.v6power.net and do some reading in the SC part of the forum. It tells you everything you need to know about the SC-to-Mustang swap. http://v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5716

For 350rwhp you will most definitely need ported heads and a cam. The MP FMIC kit is made for the SC and won't work on a Mustang. It will be cheaper and better if you made your own FMIC setup, anyways. You can find tubing on EBay, Summit, or Jegs and a FMIC core on EBay. I got my T-Bolt clamps and couplers at atpturbo.com . You'll save a good 500-800 dollars if you did it yourself.

I don't think the MP intake tube fits the Mustang properly, either. Just to be sure, make your own intake tube. You'll save money doing this, too.

With 300rwhp, people are running 12.80s or so with a full weight SC. Varying between 800-1,000lbs lighter, it should be a second faster. With 350rwhp, you should have yourself a solid 11 second car without much driver error.

alright then, i didnt know there was sc guys running high 12s with 300rwhp. i was only looking for mid or 12s. you said 300rwhp will get me there? then thats good enough for me! but ~~~? i cant use any of the luxuries on the mustang?

i cant use any of the luxuries on the mustang?
For A/C one solution is:
Use a SC style A/C compressor and a 94/95 Tbird SC line set, have a hydraulic hose shop splice a Mustang accumulator/dryer connection on the low pressure side.
acline.jpg

You can use the Mustang alternator as well, just have to swap pulleys and trim a little material off of the bracket. Like Roadhawg said, definately a way to keep the a/c, although it would be easier (I think) to use the SC compressor. The cruise can be kept as well, but that requires a fabricated cable bracket and most just don't care enough to go for that. Once I actually finish my swap (lots of details), I'll start a thread at v6power on how I'm going to do the A/C and cruise stuff.

Back