max tire size on 16" wheel...

NEEDaSCbad

I know this has probably been rehashed a million times but when searching i couldn't find what i was looking for. :eek:

What is the max width tire i can fit on my stock 16" xr7 wheels?

Drag tire, radial, etc; what type of tire are you wanting? If you are looking for a drag tire, it is possible to fit 26 x 11.50 ET Streets on the factory 16 x 7 wheel, although the 26 x 10.50 ET Street is a better fit.

btw, there are several of us in the St. Louis/St. Charles area and we usually try to meet every month or so for dinner. We'll post something in the Midwest section the next time we meet.

I want to meet you guys so let me know.

Sorry, I was being distracted while posting this thread. I need an all-season right now, I'll be getting some drag radials in the spring. This car is primary transportation this winter unfortunately.

so i guess i need to see what the max tire size is in the all season, 255/?/16?

255-50-16 will put you .3 inches smaller than stock, oot much to make a diff, but your speedo will read about 1-2 mph over.. that said, they DO offer a VERY considerable increase in 'bite'... but wider tires arent recommended for snow... and if its anything there like it is here... well, you need all the help ya can get, especially with these things... my 95 ended up bassackwards in a ditch, even though i was being EXTREMELY careful.

for your reference, here's a tire size calculator to give you your options:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

your speedo is gonna read high, and you're gonna get higher revs on the highway = worse mileage

those tires are 25.6" tall, compared to stock, 26.6.. you're an inch shorter... will probably read ~5mph high.. just fyi.

EDIT: translates to 3.7% too fast... when it reads 60, you're doing 57.8.

Back