No Boost

Gerry Rider

Just finished installing a 76mm C&l MAF, a 75mm PP Throttle Body, '94/'95 Blower with a gasket matched, ported inlet plenum and a 3" MAC CAI. After some adaptive learning, the car ran great and was stronger thn it had ever been, 12+ psi boost. To say the least, I was pleased with the results. Then discovered a small gas leak in the front nylon return line; replaced it with a length of 5/16 high pressure hose. Leak fixed, but now only generates less than 5 psi boost and car is a dog. What happened? I didn't touch anything but the return fuel line! Went from a tiger to a very old and slow dog.
Gerry

Check your bypass valve on the blower inlet tube. I had the same problem a few weeks ago where my blower would only make 5lbs of boost and I found it was stuck open all the time.

Drew

Thanks Drew. I suspected that too and checked this morning. It was not working. I moved it by hand a few times and boost returned. so it's only working part of the time. I'll have to replace it.
Thanks again for responding.
Gerry

Actually the problem was the hose connection to the valve. I had to pull it off when installing the new blower. The old rubber connection wasn't tight enough and leaked just a bit. That was enough to not adequately activate the valve. A small very tight ZipTie cured the problem.
Gerry

Back