runs rough or maybe normal?

Mont

just a dumb question but Im new to the SC's. My question is, do these motors run rough? My 1989 has 89,000 miles on it and it just seem to run rough. It idles smooth but as RPM builds it just seems to get worse. I can rev it and it get worse. BUT it runs strong, builds boost great (about 12psi) and its a VERY tight car. Thanks guys.

no not yet but I'll check that thanks, I was also going to check my balancer tomorrow too but not sure if their a two piece like my mustang.

check the ruber between the two rings to see if it is roted. try to spin the outer ring. if it moves at all replace it! broken cranks suck:eek: and do the tranny mount too.

any chance ita still on its 89k mile wires/plugs? common problem causing stumbling, loss of power, etc

wires do say "motorcraft" but the history of this car say its more likely they have been changed. I know some about this car but im still waiting for the guy who built it to mail me the list of stuff thats been done to it.

previous owner can tell you anything he wants... unless you have reciepts in hand, you can never be sure. motorcraft wires typically mean that they are original, normal tuneups occur at 100k miles, chances are, they are original... change them, they're going to need it soon anyways, and that may solve your issue.

if you want to test, if you have anyone nearby that has an sc, or a 96-04 v6 mustang (wire lengths are a tad different, but will work the same, using those on my 95 5-speed...) swap and test them. check your plugs too, at 89k, you might as well do a full tuneup with as old as the car is.

Back