car died

rabidranger

Yesterday, my car died, I was doing 55 and the car just turned off. It is a 5-speed so I put it in 4th and pooped the clutch, the tach never moved, and the car did nothing. After coasting to a stop I tried to start the car, and it turns over fine, but never even hints at firing. I can hear the full pump turn on so I am thinking it is the DIS, does this sound possible? Thanks.

this may sound funny:p but have you tryed a wiggle test? just wiggle the plugs around the motor to see if there is any loose conections. and have you tryed to run the codes?

Crank sensor. If the signal is lost, the engine shuts off.

Check the balancer and crank pulley to make sure it's moving when you crank over the engine and it's not wobbling all over.

Crank sensor. If the signal is lost, the engine shuts off.

Check the balancer and crank pulley to make sure it's moving when you crank over the engine and it's not wobbling all over.

I had that happen once with my '90 5-speed. Motoring along around 80 mph on two lane blacktop in the middle of no where when the engine just shut off. I let her roll down to about 50, dropped it in 3rd, let the clutch out and it fired up.

About one or two months later it wouldn't start. The crank sensor had gone bad.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Probably like Mike said - crank sensor. Had the same on the boss lady's car a week ago Friday. She called and said it just quit & wouldn't start. First thing I did when I got her location was to check the bolt in damper. It was broke - all apart waiting on BHJ - be here Monday.

Good luck
Take Care
dbd

Back