Clutch Line pressure

Dahoopd

I know this sounds like whining, and believe me it is. I have had it with ~~~~ing car.

I can not get the MC to pump any fluid through the line. I have replaced the slave, master, line and pedal clip.

I can not get this thing to bleed. I pulled the line off and pressed the end in with a screw driver while someone pumped and it wont push fluid through. All I get is the squishy sound and a dribble of fluid. I stopped and literally sat and pumped for 30 minutes, pressed the end of the line in at the slave and dribbles come out. What else could be wrong.

I have read every thread and either it worked and no on comes back with results or everyone died of old age in their car from pumping and couldn't return to provide the outcome. :D

when I changed my hardline I must have pumped the system for at least 30 min before I was able to get any fluid to come out the bleeder screw. Just keep at it. Does the reservior lose fluid when you're pumping?

Crack the bleeder on the slave cylinder and attach a clear plastic hose and stick the hose in a catch can/container. Then make sure the master cylinder is full and let it sit. I'd let it sit overnight and see if all the fluid from the master ends up in your catch can. If so.. then you know you know have to watch it, keep the master cylinder topped off, and just let it go , filling the top until you don't see any air coming down the hose.

Close the bleeder, lower the car. push the clutch pedal up and down and up and down. This will cause any air still in the slave to aerate the fluid so you can get the air out. Jack the car back up, keep the master full while you open the bleeder with the hose again and let it run until no bubbles in the line.

Once done, you should be all set. It can take a while to get started, because the air in the slave will hold back the fluid pressure. If you want to do this faster you need to get a pump that will pressurize the master cylinder, or will put a vacuum on it and pull fluid up through the bleeder.

The fluid is not even going down. I went as far as giving the reservoir head and blew into the damn thing while my son pumped the clutch. I have lowered myself to blowing into a reservoir.

I don't think the fluid is going to make it all the way through the system if it cant even make it through the clutch line.

I just climbed out from under it after trying for so long. I so pissed over this crap I am shaking.

I went as far as giving the reservoir head and blew into the damn thing while my son pumped the clutch. I have lowered myself to blowing into a reservoir.

Sorry, that made me chuckle.

But seriously, fill the reservoir, connect the line and open the bleeder valve. Pump the thing for like 30 min, while someone opens and closes the bleeder each time you move the pedal. open while you push the pedal, close it before you release the pedal, ect. You know the drill.

I had the same issue and it finally worked out ok.

I went as far as giving the reservoir head and blew into the damn thing while my son pumped the clutch. I have lowered myself to blowing into a reservoir.

I'm sorry for your frustration, I've been there BUT...

My wife even laughed at this and she doesn't get cars at all, good one :D

Always looking to bridge the gap with my "SC Budgeting Manager" here at home.

The fluid is not even going down. I went as far as giving the reservoir head and blew into the damn thing while my son pumped the clutch. I have lowered myself to blowing into a reservoir.

I don't think the fluid is going to make it all the way through the system if it cant even make it through the clutch line.

I just climbed out from under it after trying for so long. I so pissed over this crap I am shaking.

leave the line connected, fill it, open the bleeder, and let gravity work... really. by opening the line, and then wailing away at the clutch pedal, all you did was push air out, suck air in, push air out, suck air in.

Auto parts stores sell a mity-vac type pump that will have different covers that might be used to pressurize the master cylinder to help motivate the air. you could try that.

Back