Need instructions/tips for getting the blower apart

JasonMiller94SC

My girlfrinds 94 SC has a lot of noise comming from the blower. I ordered a rebuld kit from Spinning Wheels and it came with instructions but I'm having some trouble.
I was able to get as far as pulling on the snout and pulling the rotor pack out of the case. Where I'm stuck is how to I get the snout off? Pully is off and instructions say to take the key way out. Any tips? After 150K miles that sucker doesn't want to move.
Next instruction says remove the snout seal. I took the clip off but I don't see how to get the seal out. I don't want to go prying around with a screwdriver and mess something up.

Also the inside of the blower case is really scrached up as well as the tips of the rotors. Is this normal? When I run my finger across the inside of the case it almost feels like sandpaper. Could it be that the snout if fine and the noise is from the rotors touching the case?

Next instruction says remove the snout seal. I took the clip off but I don't see how to get the seal out. I don't want to go prying around with a screwdriver and mess something up.
This is the only part I can help you with. Drill a couple of small holes into the seal so you can thread a couple of small screws into the seal. This gives you something to grab onto with some pliers, then just pull it out. I did one a long time ago so I can't remember specific sizes to use but I'm sure you'd be able to find it on a forums search.

Kurt

Well I managed to get the snout off of the rotor pack. I found the stock coupler had broken almost in half. I'm guessing that was making all the noise. I replaced it with the solid coupler from the rebuild kit. The bearing in the snout still spun spooth so I'll save the rest of the rebuild kit incase it fails in the future.

i would say just change it all now, so you dont have to go back and do soemthing later, if you have all the parts and it's taken apart go ahead and change everything to the new pieces

Back