Wiper motor............

SCTbird

So I replaced the wiper motor and verified it worked before closing everything up. Well as luck would have it, when I turned it on to get the wiper nuts straight to re-install the blades the damn thing quit working! So I checked for a fuse and I found out it's a 8.25 circuit breaker and the only other thing tied into it is the washer fluid motor. Well that stopped working to so I am off to the part store to get a new one. What the hell would have made the cicuit breaker pop? I hope the new/used motor isn't shorting out. We will see. I also broke part of the wiper cowl and the washer squirter (damn 17 year old plastic!), so if anyone has a good set of cowls around let me know. LOL!!!!

Check your wiring! (I hate it when it comes to that...):rolleyes:

I have installed a bad wiper motor before though...I'm guessing sometimes water makes it's way into the motor somehow. I didn't bother checking, but that is my thought anyway.

The washer fluid motor is not working either. Both of them are on that cicuit breaker. And I can not locate one anywhere. Off to the pick and pull I go!

I checked the circuit breaker with a meter and there is no current at all going through it. I checked the fuse box and there is power running to it. SO it is deff. the circuit breaker. Still makes me wonder what would make it go out. COuld have just been old and putting in a newer wiper motor made it fry out.

Well I had really good luck at the scrap yard and found 1 red SC with 93K on the clock 90% intact! Great parts source for me! LOL!!!! I fished around and got 2 circuit breakers and a fuse panel cover. Turns out the circuit breaker was bad annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the used wiper motor was toast as well. So I am glad I held on to the old one but she is on her last leg as well.

Thats how I wound up with this one. I think I am just going to buy a remaned one for $50 instead.

>Can you get reman'd wiper motors from auto parts stores?

You'll know if they hit you for a core/core charge.

Back