Injector Leak, Need Opinions

Paulio91184

the other day i was driving the 35th and i smelled gas under the hood, i checked and the front injector on the passenger side is spraying fuel onto the engine. Since the injectors are only a few months old do you think it could be a bad o ring or is it seated wrong? all of the clips went on and i just wanted to know what you guys think. it just started doing it out of nowhere and since my jeep is my daily driver i only drive the SC like 50 miles a week. I refuse to drive it now cuz im not seeing $2k+ in parts go up in flames!! So what do you think?

the other day i was driving the 35th and i smelled gas under the hood, i checked and the front injector on the passenger side is spraying fuel onto the engine. Since the injectors are only a few months old do you think it could be a bad o ring or is it seated wrong? all of the clips went on and i just wanted to know what you guys think. it just started doing it out of nowhere and since my jeep is my daily driver i only drive the SC like 50 miles a week. I refuse to drive it now cuz im not seeing $2k+ in parts go up in flames!! So what do you think?

I'm not sure what the question is here. If an injector is leaking then you need to take it off and fix the leak. It's obviously not seated right or the O-ring is damaged and it clearly needs to be fixed.

If you are asking about driving the car around with a gas leak, well, what can I say? :confused:

Can you tell where it's leaking from exactly? If it is around the o-ring...make sure the fuel rail connection didn't get bent and is nice and clean inside (no old rubber or gunk inside).

I always wonder how those o-rings even do any good when I look at them. They just don't seem like they would seal well...especially when the intake manifold is pressurized. I guess once they're installed they seal up pretty well...don't often hear complaints.

Front right of engine is where the high pressure hoses connect...inspect those to find out if one of them is perhaps leaking instead of an injector.

Good to hear the blower is working out for you. I had the exact same problem when I installed 42lbers years ago. The same injector was leaking and apparently didnt get installed correctly. I would reem the holes out on the fuel rail hold down so more force can be supplied to hold them in place. Try again to seat it correctly hopefully you dont got to use the collar nut spanner wrench from hell, so you can get the blower off.

Mark
p.s. How do you like that screamin MP2?

Last edited:
o ring

the MP2 rocks, totally sick, i pulled the blower off (i've done it so many times it took 45 minutes and 30 of that was getting the EGR off) i have a blown O-ring so i'll replace it and be done with it.

done

replaced the o ring, it took about 2 hours and now she is all better, actually running better cuz i found a loose vacuum line

Back