I think I would die. If this happened to me.

In Japan, when the Police catch a street racer, they force the driver/owner to rip off the gfx, wing, etc. right at the scene, while being video taped. The video is later used in court as part of the prosecution.

Simple enough, DONT STREET RACE

I dont do it, why should i have MY life and MY FIANCES life or family and friends lives threatened by that?

I feel they should make the racer run the crusher, then have him pay for the car to be towed, crushed, and disposed of..Along with court, and tickets he may have gotten

I think the street racing charge is just too vague anymore. I had a buddy pull up behind me in town at red light once, he went to get around me and for giggles I got on it to give him a hard time. We both backed out right before the speedlimit. Two black and whites cut us off and blocked us into a parking lot. I asked why I was being stopped and he said for streetracing. This is where I got a bit snippy and probably shouldnt have. Anyway, asked how fast we were going,...... 34mph. I said, you cant get me for reckless op because I was in my lane and not spinning. You cant get me for speeding because its 35.Your just an ~~~ who wants to write a racing ticket. In the end thats what I got, but I had some connections and had it turned into a burnt out tail light:p.
I do think however, the punishment for these ricers stopping traffic, painting lines in the road, and getting chicks to drop hands etc should be raised becuase they're going to kill someone one day.
Maybe Im wrong but I dont think anyone should get their car crushed for goofing off. Take our meets for example, if a sc gets to a light with another sc some goofing off might take place, but I wouldnt call it street racing. OK I'm done bickering

Corey

Last edited:
That'll buff right out.....

Seriously though...what happens if the car is owned by a bank and not the owner?

>what happens if the car is owned by a bank and not the owner?

Shouldering any bank debt beyond the crusher would most likely be part of the punishment... Same as running it into a tree during a street race or high speed pursuit (not insured).

Over-zealous cops!! Forget about the 15,000+ people that die from drunk driving accidents, lets focus on the 150 people that die a year from street racing. Aaaannnnddd lets let the drunks have their cars back, too.

If that doesn't shout bias by social acceptance, then I don't know what does.

Last edited:
USA, 1998 ~ 2005:

• Talking on a cellphone, 327 deaths
  • Street racing, 353 deaths
  • Driving slower than the posted speed limit, 429 deaths
  • Being distracted by something inside the vehicle, such as talking to a passenger, adjusting a mirror, fiddling with a radio or eating... 38,914 deaths
  • Drunk driving related deaths, 144,000 (18k/yr.)
Street racers are an easy to demonize demographic, depicted as dangerous drivers, unable to defend themselves, making for an almost automatic free-pass when folded into state highway budgets. They make it easy for law enforcement to show progress when it comes to crackdowns.

Drunk drivers, on the other hand, come from all walks of life and if their vehicles were sent to crushers, the excrement would hit the ventilator...

This has been going on for 15 years in NYC.

This is also one of the things that many of us here are guilty of in one way or another..Yet say ohh noooooo.

WHat a majority of news broadcats call "street racing" is usually a bunch of idiots wrecklessly driving on the highway or populated roads. This became the fast and furious rage of the 90's. The deaths reported are generally due to this behavior and not true organized ILLEGAL street racing. Out of teh many EVENTS I had ever attended I had yet to see someone get killed or kill someone else. Not saying it doesnt happen but I had never been witness to it. Also racing was always done with one person in each car and always in an unpopulated or isolated area.

Now for ANYONE on this board to say they have never gone over the speed imit(Speeding), peeled out(wreckless driving), went to see what your 0-60 is (speed contest)..Or any combination of the above (getting happy on the freeway)... I think it be safe to call them a liar. All are illegal and can be asociated with...DRAG RACING according to authorities. I personally dont partake in illegal street racing because I dont want my car to get taken away. I also have no local drag strip...So I do see why it occurs. I do however drive in a happy manner from time to time.

So unless you drive like a grandma....no reason to be hypocritical here...seriously

And being DUI was mentioned. How many peopel you know..Including yourselfs have gotten behind the wheel at some point in your life (or manytimes) after a drink? How many have eaten something while driving...talked on a phone....driven whiel half a sleep...

We are truly a society of hypocrits..It kills me

I do have to agree with Damon here, the odds of people getting hurt/killed during organized street racing, is little to none. I used to go out religiously every weekend, and spectate or even race. Now granted, I've come down over the years and maybe go out 2-4 times a summer? While I do prefer the track, what does go down on the streets is funner in my opinion anyways. Not saying its right, because it isn't, however, targeting the wrong people isn't helping anything or anyone.

As for crushing a car to prove a point, friggin dumb, I'd claim it on my insurance if they dropped it back at my house. Why not, got full coverage. But to think, the amount of money that is sunk into some cars, and to crush them, stupid. I'd file suit, as I'm sure that there isn't a full clause in the legislature, karma will come full circle.

Good find Ricardo, i'm glad things aren't this outta hand here in the chi-town.

yeah Ive been to the street drags in Ontario that the racers/ricers were at ,

its very organized.

now drunks and cell phone users thats the bad guys i think we should force people who get caught talking on cell phones and make them watch their blackberry's get crushed lol
and drunk drivers should be seat belted in their cars and crush them .

yes Ive had a few friends die by the hands of drunk drivers 1 was a mother who was getting her kids Xmas gifts out of car to place them under tree she was hit dragged 200 feet under car as driver tried to get away he hit a tree is what stooped him so yeah crush drunk drivers in their cars /sober!!!

yeah ive been to the street drags in ontario that the racers/ricers were at ,

its vey organized.

now drunks and cell phone users thats the bad guys i think we should force people who get caught talking on cell phones and make them watch their blackberrys get crushed lol
and drunk drivers should be seat belted in their cars and crush them .

yes ive had a few fiends die by the hands of drunk drivers 1 was a mother who was getting her kids xmas gifts out of car to place them under tree she was hit drged 200 feet under car as driver tried to get away he hit a tree is what stoped him so yeah crush drunk drivers in their cars /sober!!!

I think the street racing charge is just too vague anymore.

I agree....I'm afraid to even get on the gas hard if there is another car in the vicinity, for fear that a cop will say I was street racing.

Crushing a few cars isn't going to do anything to change the way some people/idiots drive. Knowing that their car is going to be crushed if they get caught, might even cause more people to run from the police.

David

PS: The group in the hotel parking lot at the recent Club Clash in Iowa, was accused of street racing, playing our music and beating our drums so loud that it kept hotel guest awake most of the night :rolleyes:

Back