94SC--Auto to 5spd swap questions.

sb94supercoupe

I'm looking to swap the automatic out of my 94 supercoupe for a manual, mostly because it wont shift anymore :eek:

Anyway...I've read that it's easiest to just get a donor car for parts, thing is the only decent looking donor car in my area is a '89. Here's a link:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/895027419.html

Remembering that I have a 94 and it's a 89, what parts do I need but can't get out of this donor car? I've heard that I would need to get a different computer and center console, other then that what do I need to buy? Where's the best/cheapest place to get the parts I need?

You'll need the 94/95 5 speed EEC, or have yours re-tuned.
Center console top, good luck getting one, youre going to spend some $$$ ..

Might try the classifieds here, Im sure somebody has the part you need to finish the swap.

Other thing you would need is to modify the wiring harness on the transmission and match it up to the 94 pinout.

- Dan

The transmission harness should swap, find the harness from a 94-95 being parted. The earlier 5spd trans had a nuetral safety sw, while the later ones didn't. The wire was just jumpered by the trans with a loop plug. As said, the eec and the console top are the only years specific parts. Everything else hardware wise should match up fine. Now, you could use your auto eec, but you will get some sort of check engine lamp.

Back