5sp Shifter Question

Nope

No Mustang ever came with the Mazda tranny.
The only Bird/Mustang crossover is with the earlier Turbo Coupe-those came with BW T5's

Nick

As an option, the original shifters are cheap and easy to rebuild with over-the-counter parts from Ford. Do a search, and you'll find the P/N's and instructions needed. A freshly rebuilt OEM shifter is crisp and positive.

JD

Does anyone know if a mustang shifter will work on the SC tranny?

Hey bud!

My recomendation would be the ripper shifter...no wearable parts like the stock shifter. You can rebuild the stock one, but eventually it will end up sloppy and the insides will brake again.

Talk'n ripper shifter as we speak. most of the important p/n's from Ford are obsolete from what I've found.

...most of the important p/n's from Ford are obsolete from what I've found.

The shifter rebuild parts are still available, except for the boot that bolts to the shifter housing. A readily available Ranger boot will work fine after elongating the 3 mounting holes slightly. In my case, I'm not worried about the shifter wearing out, because I rarely drive the car. But, a rebuilt should last for several years in normal use. The B&M is the way to go if you plan to abuse the car somewhat. Then the shifter will hold up, and something else downstream will break.

Cheers!

JD

Back