Which wire for the TPS do I test

It's the green one. It should be .96V +/-.03V. 2.2V would be part throttle. Did you check it with the throttle blade closed?

I would say you need a new one yes. Middle green/lt green wire is the output. Black/white wire is the ground source to use to check it. There is adjustment on this sensor, but 2.2 at closed throttle should not even be possible to achieve at any adjustment unless your idle screw is way too high which is still doubtfully possible.
with your volt meter hooked up you should be able to open the throttle up slowly and voltage will steadily rise up to 4.6-4.8 volts at wide open throttle.

Oh, make sure there is nothing wrong with the throttlebody itself or the cable to it, just in case.

Last edited:
>how do you adjust the TPS???

The TPS on the SC is not meant to be adjusted - however, many owners have been able to cheat a bit and convince it to give up a tenth of a volt or so. If you aren't comfortable thinking on your feet under the hood, you should take the hint, retire a nearly twenty year old part and spring for a new TPS - not that expensive I think.

Back