Wiper Cowl Question

SCTbird

I have a 1991 and found 2 wiper cowls in perfect shape from a 94. The only difference I noticed was there is no torx screw holding it down in the corners. Will this one work on a 91?

The holes for the screws are in different places I think. Individually they are a different size than the early types so you would need both sides to fit right. The pieces don't mix and match. I've got a set, too, but never tried to see how they fit.

Yeah I knew you couldn't mix and match but was just curious as whether or not it would fit since the 91 kind has the torz screws in the corners and regular screws holding the rest down. The ones on the 94 looks identical but it does not have the torx screws.

They will fit but you will just need to drill some holes for some of the holes are in a differnt place. I just used a set from a 94 on my 91 all I can say is it looks alot better than the chipped up ones I had.

They will fit but you will just need to drill some holes for some of the holes are in a differnt place. I just used a set from a 94 on my 91 all I can say is it looks alot better than the chipped up ones I had.

Sweet, thanks!

I've also installed them on my 89. Seems like I had to trim the lower cowl piece on the drivers side in addition to drill several holes. The shape of the plastic piece that the wiper motor bolts to is a little bit different, but it's definitly do-able. Be careful when you drill the holes...a couple of places you only get one chance to drill the hole in the right place!

Back