Chrome or Black ???

Mont

Im ready to buy wheels or maybe coat mine. Im thinking black wheels but chrome is now starting to sound good, the only chrome I would do would be the BC Smoothies. If I do black I will have my Cobra R's powder coated. My car is painted yellow with blacked out windows. What do you guys think would look the best. I will post pictures as soon as this rain stops.

I'm partial to black rims but that's just me......................:D

Attachments

• P5240023.jpg
    P5240023.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 110
nickleman, are those SC bolt pattern or mustang and where did you get them?

Thanks

nickleman, are those SC bolt pattern or mustang and where did you get them?

Thanks

They're 18x9 black saleen speedstars in the mustang bolt pattern and I bought them off of ebay a few years back. There's more pics on my members page.

yeah thought they were mustang wheels. I would love to do the swap but Im scared to do the rear end part.

Maybe someday

Since your SC is yellow with tinted windows, I don't think the chrome would quite look right. My vote is black :D

-Melon

Since your SC is yellow with tinted windows, I don't think the chrome would quite look right. My vote is black :D

-Melon

Exactly what I was thinking earlier, but I wasnt going to say it. I've seen the black car posted above with the black speedstars in person, they do look pretty good...

Last edited:
>My car is painted yellow with blacked out windows.

Door handles...black or yellow? Antenna bezel...chrome or black? Rear-of-door window/body post...black or yellow? Letters in rear bumper...yellow or filled in with colored stickers or stainless?

Im ready to buy wheels or maybe coat mine. Im thinking black wheels but chrome is now starting to sound good, the only chrome I would do would be the BC Smoothies. If I do black I will have my Cobra R's powder coated. My car is painted yellow with blacked out windows. What do you guys think would look the best. I will post pictures as soon as this rain stops.

Boyd Coddington Smoothies aren't chrome...they are polished aluminum and are a little harder to care for. I think the Black Saleen wheels like nickleman has would look great on your car.

Brad is selling some chrome Saleen style wheels in a t-bird pattern, so maybe he can get the black ones too.

SSStar_BIG.GIF

http://thecustomwheelshop.com/

David

Last edited:
>My car is painted yellow with blacked out windows.

Door handles...black or yellow? Antenna bezel...chrome or black? Rear-of-door window/body post...black or yellow? Letters in rear bumper...yellow or filled in with colored stickers or stainless?

door handles are black. bezel is black, letters in bumper are yellow, window and body moldings are all black. looks just like that picture but a 90 body style.

sorry I knew the smoothies aren't Chrome and wouldnt be a big deal to care for them. As of right now I cant find the Saleen wheels in black with the sc bolt pattern.

Yea...The Speedstar is currently available in Silver Paint or Chrome with the Tbird Bolt pattern and High offset (Direct Bolt-on).

Cheers!!!

Brad

>door handles are black. bezel is black, letters in bumper are yellow, window and body moldings are all black. looks just like that picture but a 90 body style.

Black wheels.

Back