Wheel Alignment????

XR7

Does anyone have any input to Wheel Alignment?...

1. What are the standard wheel alignment figures?

2. After Mods (ie. 1.5" Drop Wider/larger tires, shocks, etc) do these alignment numbers change for an optimal performing suspension?..

Basically say one does the second option.. and a wheel alignment is needed?.. would your typical shop just put the factory spec on the alignment.. or should something different be specified to the mechanic shop?

Thanks
Karl

Alignment

It depends on the shop, I have had numerous alignments, from different shops, I had the problem with my SC after I lowered it, I got it aligned at NTB 2 or 3 times and my front tires were still on an angle wearing my inside of my tires, I have 1.5 drop springs on my GS300 and I have the same problem front and back. I have told places that it was lowered and they still seemed to not get it right. I have heard the places say they do it to factory specs which must be the case for most places. I have had them fixed at this shop by my house he has a computer that must just measure the straighness of the caster and camber instead of factory measurments, I would just call around and ask the places if they have experience with aligning a lowered vehicle.

GOOD LUCK

Back