PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment????

XR7
09-16-2002, 09:47 PM
Does anyone have any input to Wheel Alignment?...

1. What are the standard wheel alignment figures?

2. After Mods (ie. 1.5" Drop Wider/larger tires, shocks, etc) do these alignment numbers change for an optimal performing suspension?..

Basically say one does the second option.. and a wheel alignment is needed?.. would your typical shop just put the factory spec on the alignment.. or should something different be specified to the mechanic shop?

Thanks
Karl

ERamos
09-17-2002, 12:19 PM
It depends on the shop, I have had numerous alignments, from different shops, I had the problem with my SC after I lowered it, I got it aligned at NTB 2 or 3 times and my front tires were still on an angle wearing my inside of my tires, I have 1.5 drop springs on my GS300 and I have the same problem front and back. I have told places that it was lowered and they still seemed to not get it right. I have heard the places say they do it to factory specs which must be the case for most places. I have had them fixed at this shop by my house he has a computer that must just measure the straighness of the caster and camber instead of factory measurments, I would just call around and ask the places if they have experience with aligning a lowered vehicle.

GOOD LUCK