starting problem

marqu3ll

my sc will start fine when its cold but if i drive it for about 5-10 min then try to restart it it cranks over more them usual then starts it also has a miss around 3000rpm while driving any info would help

Last edited:
Does it take multiple tries to get it to restart?

Does the tach jump around when it misfires?

Does it sometimes clear up and run fine after missing?

it always starts but it cranks about twice as much before it starts the miss is more like a hesitation when im shifting if i floor it u cant even feel it only when i drive it normal hope that makes sense

Yes or no?
  • Does it take multiple tries (key off, then key on) to get it to restart? Yes or no?
  • Does the tach jump around when it misfires/hesitates? Yes or no?
  • Does it sometimes clear up and run fine after missing? Yes or no?

Do you have a code reader & know how to read the computer codes?

It might just be as simple as plugs/plug wires...

ya the plugs and wires are new it hasent set of any engine lights the car runs great other then that idles fine could it be a sensor, dis module ?

What year is it?

>could it be a sensor, dis module ?

Best way to find out is to run the codes. It can get expensive if you just start throwing parts at it :)

Check the lower crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer to see if it is moving/wobbling. Double check the plug wire layout - some diagrams that are available are incorrect.

Sorry, without codes and/or more to go on, I can only guess that your hard starting and miss @ 3k might be related to bad grounds, erratic fuel pressure, dirty MAF, failing ECT, bad ignition switch or a combo of those...

Sounds like dirty injectors to me...You might get lucky and be ok after running a bottle of injector clean through the tank...

run the codes before you do anything, you can drop a grand fast and not even get anywhere by just swapping parts or running crap in your tank. if it does end up being injectors dont put anything in your tank, that s__t doesnt work, bring it to a shop and tell them you want an injector flush. had that done on my 92 and made it run like new. going to be doing a 2k mile trip soon and going to get it done on my 90 before i go. btw the 92 bit the dust in VA when a retard sliced the entire front off doing about 70mph. that 1 hurt a lil lol

Back