PDA

View Full Version : :( I broke my car!!

franky_402
11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
So i wsa sleep walking and getting ready to go to work, i got in my car and put in reverse look behind me and start cutting the wheel, I heard a loud as bang and was like what the XXXXX was that, look forward and noticed i hit a yellow parking pole in my lot. I pulled back forward and looked at the damage, the fender flare is bent in a little so i figured damn, i'll deal with it later and back out again and go to drive off and the front end is shaking like hell, so i stop get out and goo look at the front end checking the b/j, and t/r but everything looked ok, so i figured it was because it was wet out and i was turning the my XXXXXXX tires were skipping. So i go to drive off again and it's still vibrating badly and i let go of the steering wheel and the steering wheel turns about 45 degrees to the left, (drivers side is also where i hit the pole) So i parked the car and got a ride to work, i'm so upset! I hope it's not major, any suggestions, i would appreciate it alot! I am taking it to work tomorrow and putting it on the lift to inspect it!

nwnsc
11-10-2008, 02:13 AM
tweeked tie rod end??? bent rim??? just some thoughts

franky_402
11-10-2008, 03:25 AM
rim is fine, i'm guessing it's the inner tie rod, hopefully it's not too serious

kst8guy02
11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Dont drive it if its the tie rod. One of those snaps and you will find yourself in a ditch.

franky_402
11-11-2008, 10:55 PM
well i looked at the car and the driver side inner was bent pretty badly, and the outer tie rod almos broke off, i drove the car the mile to work doing ten miles an hour and taking wide turns as the tie rod was rubbing on the sway bar, 80 bucks later and she's all good, Man i love working at an auto shop, great discounts!! Now i just have to get that fender fixed!

Young-SC-Owner
11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Lower the Drinking age for responsible young adults
http://www.chooseresponsibility.org

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tydlwavs
11-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I saw the car in Lockport a couple days ago:) Good luck with the fix.

franky_402
11-19-2008, 03:48 AM
yeah, whereabouts did you see me, I was working a side job with my buddy and his keys were missing so we had to use my car! The car is doing better now besides a small dent in the fender!

tydlwavs
11-19-2008, 08:00 AM
right off 9th street just off the road....kinda next to the city hall.