Screw charge, Turbo, MPX, S-port. What would you kill for.

What power adder would you buy.

• Total voters

ricardoa1

If you are given 3 choices from our vendors. Knowing what each power adder is capable off. What would you choose.

No dreaming either.

Edit I meant to put turbo on number two. ARGh

Last edited:
Turbo

Turbo hands down and hold onto my stock setup just in case. Tired of high acts from the blower and dumping lots of money for 300 hp and still having to run the motor on lots of boost.

You could run the car on 12 to 15lbs of boost and make silly power.

Stephen

Number 1 but I can assure you I wont be spending 4,000 bucks. I like the supercharger vs turbo. Dont particularly feel like reinventing the wheel on my car now. Now if I had a second SC I wont hesitate to try a turbo for the fun of it. But thats a pipe dream as the one car is expensive enough;)

Ken

Has anyone run a turbo on a Supercoupe 3.8 with out blowing up there motor? Seems that it should work good but haven't really seen anyone with long term success or maybe I just don't know. Twin screw going on 5 years now over 400 rwhp.
now.

Mike:D

Last edited:
I see that some of the votes are partial to set ups they already have. :cool:
So if you are one of those people voting, imagine that you are to do it all over again, and only have the options given.
:D

I also hope that the too broke option does not offend anyone, it is not my intention. I just wanted to see if you simply dont have that kind of disposable income or cleary are against spending money on a cars that are worth less then some of the options given.

Rock the VOTE.

Last edited:
I voted...not to whore this thread but please show me a MPX car with 350 HP....you can PM if you want :confused:

Post #4 in this thread has a picture of a mpx powered car with 350rwhp on home ported heads and a small cam. Its not the only one around here...Thou it is the only mustang... My vote is turbo by the way....smartest power even if not the most practical to build...

Last edited:
I voted...not to whore this thread but please show me a MPX car with 350 HP....you can PM if you want :confused:

serious? you don't know of any? Mark Belush ran 11.1? pretty much full weight.dalke tuned one to 391, i assume i am near 450. i did 370 in 2005 when it ran 11.6 now running 10.4. 7 of the top 10 on the fastest sc list are m90.

Curtis my car has made 367 RWHP with an MPX the friday before the shootout. Put me down for a twin screw (AR)
John

serious? you don't know of any? Mark Belush ran 11.1? pretty much full weight.dalke tuned one to 391, i assume i am near 450. i did 370 in 2005 when it ran 11.6 now running 10.4. 7 of the top 10 on the fastest sc list are m90.

Post #4 in this thread has a picture of a mpx powered car with 350rwhp on home ported heads and a small cam. Its not the only one around here...Thou it is the only mustang... My vote is turbo by the way....smartest power even if not the most practical to build...

I didn't want to whore the thread but since it has gone this way.....I just feel there is something wrong with my parts combo. Dalke tune and all it did 330/385....thats not a problem with the tune thats something else & the car only went 12.2 @ 108 :confused: I guess I will find out what is going on next year when my shop gets into the engine..more cam? an Autorotor? where do I go from here?

i think 12.2 is awefully good, seen many with 100 more hp and not run those numbers. like i always say. i would much rather have a 350 hp car than runs high 11's than a 450 hp car that runs mid 12's. worry less about dyno numbers, more about timeslip numbers. that is why i refuse to go on dynoes. a dragstip will tell me much more than a dyno will

I see that some of the votes are partial to set ups they already have. :cool:
So if you are one of those people voting, imagine that you are to do it all over again, and only have the options given.
:D

I also hope that the too broke option does not offend anyone, it is not my intention. I just wanted to see if you simply dont have that kind of disposable income or cleary are against spending money on a cars that are worth less then some of the options given.

Rock the VOTE.

I am doing it all over again (just like i have done several times in the past) with what I deem to be the best combination. I am not intrested in the turbo because Im not trying to challenge anyone at the top of the list for fastest SC. Im sure the turbo has the capacity to out do a twin screw, my opinion. Im not concerned about the money as I have a second job building car parts that pays for the modifacations, otherwise I would not be able to do it. Im not concerned with the modifacations exceeding the car worth, if I was I would have stopped a long time ago. The car is my toy, my vice, my way to spend time and have fun. If I knew 6 years ago what I know now I would have not wasted so much time and money on cheaper forms of building power and just do it right to begin with.

Ken

If somebody made a kit for a twinscrew I would be there. If somebody made a kit for a liquid/air intercooler I would be there. If someone made a kit for a turbo setup I would have to make the decision between released air between shifts or constant whining. I voted for twin screw though.

If someone made a kit for a turbo setup I would have to make the decision between released air between shifts or constant whining.

What do you mean? The first part appears to refer to a blow-off valve. Where does the constant whining come from?

Back