m5r2 problems...

FlyHighBird

im posting this because im confused...i put a new spec stage 2 clutch in my sc 2 months ago...got flywheel resurfaced and everything...good to go everything works great.. about last month i went to back it out of drive way and it would not go in reverse... also there was no 5th gear.im at the point to where im going to get it rebuilt or buy a new one..DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY MAKE BRAND NEW OR PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT M5R2? OR LIKE BEEFER?? please let me know if anyone has any suggestions at all... thx

If it won't go in gear with the engine shut off you may have a problem with the shifter or internal linkage. If it goes in gear with the engine off but not when running it may be the 5th/reverse synchronizer or the clutch cylinder needs to be shimmed to make up for what was resurfaced off of the flywheel. Either way it looks like you need to pull it out and check it. There have been a few cases where the 3rd/4th shift rods break and leave it stuck in 3rd making it impossible to select any other gear. Southern Gear will professionally rebuild it but they could be pricey because they'll replace everything that even looks worn.

if you pull the shifter over into the rev. gate and, pull it into gear while slowly lifting your foot off the clutch, it should fall into gear. if not it will grind alot. if no griding, or no gear, then remove console and remove shifter boot and carpet/ insulation, look down, bolt probably broke on shifter below from yank'n on it. just a thought.. peace out brotha!

Back