95 into a 90

tbird420

hi i have done some searching but still have a couple of questions.i have a 95 standerd sc engine that i whant to drop in my 90 standerd sc. so from what i understand the easy way to do it is leave the 90 ecu put the 90 harmonic balencer on the 95 engine with the timing chain cover and crank senor . i whant to run the 36 ponders so i will need the proper sampiling tube.Is that it and also i have an aftermarket cluch for the 90 trannie whould it work on the 95 transmission.I have 327 in the rear witch tranney would be better. I whant more 1st gear so am leaning towards the 95 unless there is good reson y not.thank u for ur time

I installed a 95 engine into my 90. I used the 90 style BHJ and the 90 computer and wiring. I also used the 90 knock sensors and all other sensors. It will work. I had a chip burned so I could use the MarkVIII mass air flow sensor with the 36lbers. Still waiting on exhaust and brakes before I drive the car, but the swap will work fine.

I can't answer your questions about the 5 speed since I have a auto trans.

Using a '94 Block

I've got a '94 block, crank, rods and windage tray in my '90. Used the '90 timing cover, '90 heads, accessory brackets, wiring harnesses, etc., etc.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Todd got it right. Transmissions are interchangable with the 94/95 having different gearing. The later model also used a larger clutch

thank you so the smaller cluch pressur plate and fly wheel from the 90 will work on a 95 tranny and engine

The 94/95 motor is a higher compression motor than the older ones, and the stock tune in the older cars have a more aggressive spark that the stock newer motors may not like. Just a word of caution is all :).

Frit

Back