Loose shift stick

mnurminen

Hi,

recently my stick has been loose between 1/2 and 3/4, it will try to center on 3/4 but the amount of gravity and sloppiness leaves it hanging between 1/2 when in neutral

This results in that I have to manually direct from 2->3 and 3->4 gears to keep it from dropping between 1/2

Is this a fix on the stick or something to do with the tranny internals?

yea thats it. sorry, dont know what happened with the link.

that kit tells u everything u need. and the difference will be night and day

Been down this road before. IMO, buy a short throw, and you won't have to worry about this problem ever again. Given the amount of work needed to change the shifter, I personally wouldn't waste the time to rebuild it. To each his own. I know not everyone likes the performance parts.

i totally agree with you that the B&M is waaay better than stock could ever be. but like me, he may not have the $180 to buy the B&M. i prolly spent less than $20 to fix my shifter.

I bought a SC because it had a 5 spd. The B&M short throw blew me away! A awesome upgrade imo. Well worth the money. Will put one in my next car immediatly.

Stephen

If you rebuild the stock shifter use 2 of the F5TZ-7228-A plastic socket bushings. One on top of the ball and and another below it as shown. This will really tighten it up. Use lots of grease on the ball, too.

Under what name does this B&M kit go specifically and where can I find one?

If it's $180 and it makes it sharper and shorter for shifts, I will rebuild it with that kit instead of going with the stock

The B&M isn't a rebuild kit its a complete new shifter. You can find one on supercoupeperformance.com Well worth the price.

Back