Possbile boost leak and getting low boost

Isabeloram

I did a pressure test on the throttle body and on the pipes after it behind the SC you can hear air coming out of the valve (butterfly type like on throttle body) name of the pipes are SC inltet plenum assembly. I read a thread on this about how it leaks here but i can't seem to find it. Not sure if these SC's have wastegates but that is the part where it seems to be leaking where it has the part where it moves side to side...thanks

I did a pressure test on the throttle body and on the pipes after it behind the SC you can hear air coming out of the valve (butterfly type like on throttle body) name of the pipes are SC inltet plenum assembly. I read a thread on this about how it leaks here but i can't seem to find it. Not sure if these SC's have wastegates but that is the part where it seems to be leaking where it has the part where it moves side to side...thanks

Make sure the rubber boot between the inlet plenum and return plenum isn't torn and make sure the clamps are tight on both ends. Check all of your vacuum lines for leaks also. The round diapham with the rod connected to it behind the sc could be bad or not hooked up, make sure it fully closes the butterfly on the crossover, if it doesn't then something wrong. Supercharged vehicles do not have waste gates, only turbocharged vehicles.

Last edited:
boost leak

Thanks for answering to my question. The leak on my car is on the shaft of the buterfly behind the supercharge. I red a while back about these leak been common on these cars (on the sccoa site) again I can't find it. I need the bushing or bushings for the shaft that holds the buterfly. Again thanks for your reply. If any one can help on these subject plese do so, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for answering to my question. The leak on my car is on the shaft of the buterfly behind the supercharge. I red a while back about these leak been common on these cars (on the sccoa site) again I can't find it. I need the bushing or bushings for the shaft that holds the buterfly. Again thanks for your reply. If any one can help on these subject plese do so, it will be greatly appreciated.

The shaft rides on small needle bearings with a built in seal. They are almost impossible to drive out and I had the plenum out of the car at the time. Unfortuniately I dont remember the bearing # I will do some checking

Ken

Back