noise from accessory bracket??

patragz22

Okay, I thought I had a spun bearing but upon further investigation it seems only to happen when the jackshaft pulley is spinning. So I had the accessory belt installed and disconnected the jackshaft pulley belt and the noise is gone, sounds normal. the noise is completely gone. Can the accessory bracket go bad or the jackshaft pulley?? I am running a bypass pulley for the ac. the noise is strong when the jackshaft is spinning and the blower spins freely when spun by hand. I am running MP tensioners and ruled out the idler tensioner with a swap to a stock one.

The jackshaft bearing is shot. The Community really needs a source for replacement. To date there is no readily available fix except buy a used accesory bracket and hope for the best. I know my jackshaft bearing is on its way out and am hoping a vendor can help out.

Okay, I thought I had a spun bearing but upon further investigation it seems only to happen when the jackshaft pulley is spinning. So I had the accessory belt installed and disconnected the jackshaft pulley belt and the noise is gone, sounds normal. the noise is completely gone. Can the accessory bracket go bad or the jackshaft pulley?? I am running a bypass pulley for the ac. the noise is strong when the jackshaft is spinning and the blower spins freely when spun by hand. I am running MP tensioners and ruled out the idler tensioner with a swap to a stock one.

Sounds like a bad jackshaft bearing. It can be rebuilt, but would probably be a lot cheaper to buy a used accesory bracket from someone parting out their car. See this thread for more info.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94844&highlight=jackshaft+bearing+replacement

David

Last edited:
YES, I found the old thread, thanks again guys. That's sounds better than a spun bearing. I have an 89' XR7 donor car out back, I will use that accessory bracket. I got next round, on me.

Back