weird electrical problem

Platinum90SC

been noticing a pulsating "thing" with my interior, and exterior lights. its very rapid and hardly noticeable, but it worries me either way. also, i went away for a week...now when i drive the car the battery light will fade on(not fully on) and then go off, and only does this once on a while, very weird. any help and advice youy can offer is much appreciated thanks

phil

It's a long shot but you may have a broken post inside your battery!
My Ranger died one morning after work.
If I pushed on the positive post, I had full power, if I let off, I had no voltage.
I boosted the truck, and because the battery had disconnected itself internally, which might I add is a major explosion hazard, the alternator didn't know what the heck to do! Major fluctuations on lights, radio noise and voltmeter was all over the road-map.
Try another battery, borrow one. If it goes away, you know. If it's still there, I'd suspect a faulty alternator, or voltage regulator, which is built into the alternator.

check your batt connections

then check connections at alternator, for corrosion, use a volt meter to check alternator out put .

My car does the exact same thing, did you figure anything out Platinum90??
Does it do it when the cars off? cause my car only does the flashy disco lights when the cars running. i had the altenator tested and the guy said everything was fine, so i dunno.

Back