PDA

View Full Version : Cupholders

JAFO
09-17-2002, 10:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1858120672

What is it about these things that has to be modified to fit in TBirds? Seems like it would slide right in, do you really need the wire clips for installing or just removing?

mannysc
09-17-2002, 10:51 AM
just trim this and it fits i remove the thing with a cut curtain hanger make four pins about four inches long and insert into holes push in then remove

JAFO
09-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks Manny. Do you know the part number on this thing?

mannysc
09-17-2002, 11:15 AM
i GET ALL OF THE ONES IM GIVING AWAY AT WRECKING YARD THEY COST ME $3 AT PICK A PART IN SO CAL FORD TAURUS CUP/COIN HOLDERS

JAFO
09-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Thanks Manny, the Ford Parts guy couldn't even find it in his computer. Haven't found any junkyards, but I haven't been looking hard. Would still like that number if anyone has it.

90xr7reborn
09-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Dude, just find an early 90's taurus it's not hard.like manny said use a coat hanger. at home cut the coat hanger into 4 pieces about 5" long sharpen one end of each(it makes it easier to get them in). every junk yard has a taurus in it.the dealer will probably want like 50 bucks for it...Bill

JAFO
09-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Just so you guys don't think I'm totally lazy:
I'm going to go by some local yards and check it out. Pretty sure I'll find one, like you guys said. I'm partly just curious about how Ford is pricing small things like this is why I wanted the p/n. I'll probably put up a small webpage like I have for my 4WD Amigo with some of these minor mod's etc, so I want to have info to put up for new and used.

Did the colors just change around here or is it just me? Looks good though, easier on the eyes.