yet another problem with my car

94soupecoupe

as it says..yet another problem...

as i was drivin to my buddys house, the OD off light started flashing at me. not too sure why, but the car wont go out of 3rd gear on the highway, and ive noticed that my rear will slide out easier since this happened. (heh it rained last night over here, wanted to do a burnout) but i did that after the fact that the OD off light was flashing.

any ideas what this might be?

cause im gettin really aggravated with all the problems my SC is having.
cooling, trans, electrical, steering, suspension.

Tv cable may need adjusting. someone else will have to chime in. i have a manual right now so i dont know exactly how to adjust it. or do some seraching on here.

Sounds like you have a 94-95 SC which has the 4R70W, you don't have a TV cable to adjust, only the 89-93 SC with the AOD have adjustments. Do some searching over on TCCOA, there are lots of threads to help with 4R's.

Sounds like you have a 94-95 SC which has the 4R70W, you don't have a TV cable to adjust, only the 89-93 SC with the AOD have adjustments. Do some searching over on TCCOA, there are lots of threads to help with 4R's.

thats what i thought about as soon as i posted. damn electronic stuff !

this is y i own a manual and dont give advice to any auto sc guys :D

I had a 95 w/4.6 and bad tranny...
That lite flashing means you more likely have a bad OD solenoid(not so bad).
The other problem is slippage where there should not be and you would need a rebuild of clutches(expensive).
Hope it ends up being simple!:)

yes i got a 94 with a 4R70W

well i got the trans rebuilt in may, every part was replaced accept for the case and bell housing. ive replaced the MLPS sensor 2 times already because it was acting up. the car would jump in and out of gear alot while on the highway and around town driving.

so i dont think it has anything to do with the trans its self since all the parts are practicallly brand new. maybe it is that OD solenoid. ill do some more searching.

thanks

after doing a quick search, i couldnt find a overdrive solenoid. is there even one on the trans? or is it another sensor or something that has to be replaced

you didnt happen to make any wide open throttle runs past, say 120... did you? you'll grenade the transmission, OD is NOT meant for WOT. itll shell itself if you do... ask me how i know ;)

nope i havent, i havent even gone faster than 85 or 90 in my car, and that was just highway driving back from PA on thanksgiving. i dont do anything like that, its my daily so i havta make it last as long as i can.

not sure how the ford aod works, if its elect or manual. but in my 97monty i have a few years ago it started shifting late and wouldnt get od. found it was a bad tps. changed that out reset the pc and everything checked 5.0

cause im gettin really aggravated with all the problems my SC is having.
cooling, trans, electrical, steering, suspension.

we all feel ya there, once you get all the bugs worked out you'll love the car. just keep in mind these things are old and just need a lil love to get them back into shape. got most all the bugs worked outta mine 1.5 year later and really starting to enjoy the car now :)

Last edited:
I had a problem a while back with the tranny acting funny, but no OD light. Turned out the harness was on the exhaust, which in turn burned through the protective tubing and evidently the heat and vibration caused signal issues. I pulled it off there and have it tied up now, no more problems.

Hmm not sure how to check odb1 tranny codes but on ob2 its hard to pick up with regular code readers , dealer should have something to read older cars, i used my actron scanner and it worked.

Back