95' SC stalling and dieing out need help!!!

DirtySouthBird

I installed ported heads coy miller stg. 1 cam its a 4 something lift, installed pedestal mount roller rockers 1:73 along wit camero rods since i read in here would fit since dey was a lil bit longer.. followed the directions in adjusting them but was wondering if der was a better way in adjusting dem if it would be better 2 adjust dem using a filler gauge and if any 1 knew the the gap? well also have under drive pulleys, ported blower with MP inlet, 75mm..TB, 5% UD..pulley..3:73 gears and Marauder stall.. full exhaust and 96-97, 3.8
T-Bird headers..after everything was installed the car would be iddling good..u could hear the cam through the exhaust.. but wen driving it wouldnt feel as strong or it would pull like i imagined.. at a stop it would die out..couldnt figure it out wat was..no check engine light..i know i need a tune but im sure it woud run just as good.. since a friend of mine had almost the same thing including the cam, he didnt have roller rockers it was in a 92' and the car would haul some ~~~ wit out a tune...need help wanna know why mine is not running like it should..wat am i missing.. really wanna get it going have a guy in my Diesel class always talking smack bout his cammed out chevy truck..thing runs high 13's..my car ran that with just the exhaust pulley an cold air intake..so i know i can emberrass him wit my 3.8...
thanks,

fred

Pull a plug and take a look at it. I finished a cam swap this summer, and after my car would hardly idle. It would die at stop signs until it was good and warm. The thing runs pig rich at low rpm's. The spark plugs are black as night. It's a cheap way to tell whether you need a tune asap, or if'n you've got bigger problems.

its not the plugs im running Iridiums and taylow wires.. everything happened after the cam and roller rocker swap..b 4 dat it would haul ~~~..but dont get it cause my friend did a cam swap on his 92 and ran really good...could it be that the Cam position sensor needs to be set.. My cam is 493 lift..by da way

Just because they are Iridium's doesn't mean anything.
Your best bet is to pull the plugs and check the color. Pig rich = black.
That'd be the easiest place to start.

plugs are good.. and no vacum leaks..checked and everything seems good.. also the vacum checks out good in the gauge..could it be the cam timing adjuster or that maybe i need to adjust the valves since i installed (351) 1:73 pedestal mount roller rockers? it would run good but at a stop when in drive it would die out and felt as if it was lacking power.. i installed the cam 2 factory specs.. its a Comp cam 493 lift.. duration @50 for in. 210 exh. 220// Int. 7- BTDC----37 ABDC & Exh. 42 BBDC---2- ATDC.. could it be the cam wasnt degreed? when i would floor it it would take off but didnt feel the power there.. it felt alot faster before the cam and rockers were installed the heads are also ported w/ 3 angle valve job....thinking of pulling the engine out and going over everything to make sure everything is good...but hate to pull it out..

Back