80 mm Throttle Body

SilverCasket

I got an 80mm Throttle Body from FORD for a lightning. It comes with Electronix already. I am wondering if anyone knows if I can swap my stock electonics over, or do I have to get different wiring to plug into it? I haven't seen it yet though, but my buddy at the dealer said it isn't the same wiring harness.

Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

I am pretty positive you cannot use a lightning throttlebody on our cars.

If it is a MAF, you can use it, but you will ened an adapetr and you will also need to re-program the computer for it

Too much work, not enough torque left in me today... Yep, it's the MAF from a lightning.

What adapter is needed for this? And is it imperative that I get an EEC Tuner with a program for it to work?

The wiring adapter you need is F68Z 12A690 AA, about $20 U.S. from the Ford dealer. The newer MAF has a different style plug than your SC part. And you'll either need an EEC Tuner, or a custom-burned chip to accomodate the different transfer function of the Lightning MAF for the car to work properly.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks Guys. So far so good... Now here's a good question. I am ordering the EEC Tuner today, but what good will it do me if I am without a PC? Do I need a computer, or is there a chip that I can get from Fred and plug it in?... I have a great deal of changes going into the car. It is/was stock 92 SC w/exhaust only.

Over the next week or two I will be installing the following:
MPII SC w/10% pulley, MP Raised Top, MP Plenum, 85mm TB, 3.5"intake tube, 80mm MAF, 255 fuel pump, 42lb injectors, 3.73 gears, Aircon Shortened A/C Condensor, Griffin Rad, 180* Therm.

And now, of course a EEC Tuner. But it seems all these extras will not work properly without having access to a PC.... If I can get access to a PC, is it easy for someone to write a program based on this mod info and for the car to run better?

My biggest fear is doing all these modz and the car running like hell.... All these extras were a long waited venture that would have waited longer had my HG's not blown 3 weeks ago. I get my heads back tomorrow and all the parts will be in this/next week. Should prove to be some fun wheel spinning action. SHOULD that is.

Ps- Anyone know where I can get a cheap tuner? As you can imagine, I'm a little spent this week. hehe.

Thanks All...

You'll need a computer of some sort ot make changes yourself ... if you e-mail Dr. Fred, I'm sure he can let you know all the details.

cheers
Ed N.

Back