auto headlight conversion

decipha

anyone know how hard it would be to swap out the manual headlights with the automatic headlights.

Need:
1.) Correct MFS (CAD code/blue(?) plug)
2.) 'Oncoming light' detector module @ inside mirror (controls dimming) w/mount (suggest perhaps changing to correct mirror assembly)
3.) Daylight detector module inside top of dash, driver side (turns lights on/off @ dusk/dawn)
4.) Dual rotary switch module (mounts right side of headlight switch)
5.) Dash bezel with (nearly) square hole to mount #4 (or cut out the one you have)

I can see adding all of these easy enough, except for maybe #3 - I don't recall if it is reachable when the cluster is pulled.

The shared 10 amp fuse is in cavity #19, under the dash, so that should be ready to go.

There is speculation that cornering lamps came as part of the optional 'autolamp group' - your choice to add them if the car doesn't already have a pair.

I'm guessing that the harness is ready - if not, I'd give it up.

Last edited:
Need:
1.) Correct MFS (CAD code/blue(?) plug)
2.) 'Oncoming light' detector module @ inside mirror (controls dimming) w/mount (suggest perhaps changing to correct mirror assembly)
3.) Daylight detector module inside top of dash, driver side (turns lights on/off @ dusk/dawn)
4.) Dual rotary switch module (mounts right side of headlight switch)
5.) Dash bezel with (nearly) square hole to mount #4 (or cut out the one you have)

I can see adding all of these easy enough, except for maybe #3 - I don't recall if it is reachable when the cluster is pulled.

The shared 10 amp fuse is in cavity #19, under the dash, so that should be ready to go.

There is speculation that cornering lamps came as part of the optional 'autolamp group' - your choice to add them if the car doesn't already have a pair.

I'm guessing that the harness is ready - if not, I'd give it up.

I saw a previuos Post that said the 93s didn't come with the turning light option but did have the autodimmer.
Is this true?
Has anyone seen a 93 Sc or LX with cornering lights?

They were an option on all birds and cougars from 89 - 93, as far as I know....:rolleyes:

It is very easy to add these to your SC....

The inside of the front bumper cover has a template so can cut the correct size openning for the marker lights....

The plug for the marker lights are located up inside the fender well and are very easy to find....

Cut holes in bumper cover, install lights, plug them in, and enjoy.....:D

Back