black 92 5-speed

sinhumane

well... i picked up a black 92 5-speed last night.... its pretty nice, came loaded with options, premium sound, wood trim, tan leather interior, all the luxury goodies, does have a torsen diff in it, and is 5 speed. so, gear ratio is unknown.

exhaust has a 3" outlet, i think its a cat back, has a decent body kit on it, clear headlights, nice paint. i think i'll enjoy it much.

by the way... thing handles like a GO KART!!!! any idea why it handles so much better than the 95?

You didn't tell me it haf a catback.... That's cool!

But who would put a bodykit on a short wheelbase car.... Some people's kids....

Any pic's? It would be nice to know what has been done to the suspension. If it is stock then you might have a problem w/ the 95. It wouldn't make sense that the cars would be so dissimilar.

Congrats on the new SC!:D

Stephen

lol, i suppose short wheelbase would be a factor. its still an all wheel independent, bilstien shox, and no ride control. and, i dont think its a catback, think teh 3" was just clamped on there all goofy like.

Holy crap dude.. your wife has issues with the car/bank/dealership/whatever and you buy another car? Are you crazy?

What short wheel base factor? What are you talking about? The wheelbase of the MN12 didn't change. My guess is either extensive mods to the 92, worn out parts on the 95, or it's all in your head.

If it's stock, more than likely - the gears are 2.73.

-Melon

its a shorter wheelbase, by a bit, and its got no backseat. i didnt buy it, i traded straight across for my 94.

Options....

The wood grain is probably a decal kit. The ride is different because of the deleted ARC and different shocks. Lowered? I'm not sure if the tan interior was an option in 92. Are you selling one of your other SC's?
Regardless, enjoy!

i only have one sc now... i was waiting for someone to call me on the short wheelbase, and the tan interior...

danny gets the cookie.

big hint: its a vert. lolz

http://wichita.kijiji.com/c-Cars-ve...ed-fun-car-Many-Extra-Parts-W0QQAdIdZ90427980

jig's up... i just wanted a smaller car, that jess wasnt swimming in when she drove it, and i realized i couldnt afford maintenance on two sc's if i wanted to mod my 95. so, i've got a neat little car that gets killer gas mileage (30 mixed) came with a ton of extra parts, and is low miles for what it is.

I questioned the SWB factor....

And tan interior is available on 94+ but I hadn't thought about the early interior.

Have fun getting around in the winter.

-Melon

There were 5 SWB's T-Bird's made, and one SWB Mark VIII. A Shortwheel Base MN12 exists. It's still essentially an MN12, just a bit shorter.

-Melon

lol, just needs a set of mud tires! i got an extra set of wheels with good tires, and the tires on it now are good. just need some 14" blizzaks.. mmmm cant wait to go snow drifting in it. :D

and i give you pictures! :)

NOTE: the body kit is pretty decent, needs some glass work... but i would rather have no or stock exhaust than that ugly fart can sticking out teh ~~~ of it... it just looks liek total crap!

Attachments

• IMG00034.jpg
    IMG00034.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG00035.jpg
    IMG00035.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG00037.jpg
    IMG00037.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG00039.jpg
    IMG00039.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
ok, picked up a load of extra parts, and two exhaust systems, one stock, one modded, but in stock location. i have almost a complete extra car in parts, its unbelievable. parked the miata in the garage at the grammas, came back and there was a gas odor and a small drip spot under the car... :mad:

so, i'm going to check on the lines and stuff tonight, and hopefully it isnt a tank leak... i dont feel like pulling the subframe. :(

in other news, got her tuned up, she runs smoother, but not like i'd like her to, i think the leak is on the lines, it has a bog at startup, loss of power at WOT (what little there is to begin with, lol @ ~110 bhp) but, thankfully... i have all the extra crap! :) tank and lines from tip to tail. fuel rail included...

got a boo boo.

well, that was short lived.... some peoples kids... i cant ever have anything nice. :(

icing on the cake: the implied expletive driver was uninsured and on a suspended... his expletive is going to jail. :mad: but i still have to pay out of my own pocket to fix it... front clip costs 325 dollars, not counting paint, etc. gonna have to schibe it. :eek: guess i get to test my painting skillz.

Attachments

• 100_0641.jpg
    100_0641.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 64
yep... i'm not intent on sinking much money into a previous salvage titled vehicle.. so, as long as its passable, i'm fine wiith it.

Well, the tank leak is fixed thanks to some help from matty. Got some silly putty and plugged that baby up. Got a regular exhaust on there, gutted cat and stock can on the rear. I think I'll be putting a resonator in the middle, little hot dog or something, then add a small welded muff at the rear. Car runs lots better, I just need to get my front clip fixed.

well, got my exhaust finished, got a little hot dog muffler on there, along with a cheapie turbo style. sounds alright for now... i'm planning something that is going to render that temporary anyways... ;)

hehehe...

Attachments

• IMG00153.jpg
    IMG00153.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 32
Back