PDA

View Full Version : Changing rear knuckle bushings

Brando B
12-06-2008, 01:23 PM
My 1995SC needs the bushings in the rear knuckles replaced. Do I need to remove the knuckle out completely or can I change all the bushings without removing the knuckle? Does anyone have an easier way of changing the bushings? Thanks.... Brando

Mercutio
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I've done it with the knuckle still paired to the halfshaft, but it really, really sucked. It's much easier with the halfshaft out of the way.

nickleman60
12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
My 1995SC needs the bushings in the rear knuckles replaced. Do I need to remove the knuckle out completely or can I change all the bushings without removing the knuckle? Does anyone have an easier way of changing the bushings? Thanks.... Brando

I would just remove the knuckle and then either replace the bushings or just go to Pic n Pull and get a knuckle with good bushings, it'll be faster that way. If you need any help just bring your car over to my house and we'll knock it out quick, I have all the tools needed, especially air tools, and I'm an old pro at removing the knuckles and many other parts..............................:rolleyes:

Have you installed that MP2 yet?

Brando B
12-07-2008, 11:04 AM
No, the MP2 is still sitting in the garage. I am debating on wether or not to paint it.