Changing rear knuckle bushings

Brando B

My 1995SC needs the bushings in the rear knuckles replaced. Do I need to remove the knuckle out completely or can I change all the bushings without removing the knuckle? Does anyone have an easier way of changing the bushings? Thanks.... Brando

I've done it with the knuckle still paired to the halfshaft, but it really, really sucked. It's much easier with the halfshaft out of the way.

My 1995SC needs the bushings in the rear knuckles replaced. Do I need to remove the knuckle out completely or can I change all the bushings without removing the knuckle? Does anyone have an easier way of changing the bushings? Thanks.... Brando

I would just remove the knuckle and then either replace the bushings or just go to Pic n Pull and get a knuckle with good bushings, it'll be faster that way. If you need any help just bring your car over to my house and we'll knock it out quick, I have all the tools needed, especially air tools, and I'm an old pro at removing the knuckles and many other parts..............................:rolleyes:

Have you installed that MP2 yet?

Back