eibach spring cutting

91BLOWNBIRD

I have eibach drop springs for my 91 sc and want to get rid of that booty sag for cheap...I figure I can just cut the front coils a bit...just wondering if anyone knows how many coils to cut to make it look good and if there are any negative effects?

just get either some new rear eibach springs, or some old oem rear springs and cut those.

or, maybe some new rear spring isolators.

Not to be a smartazz, but how would anyone know?

A friend of mine did the exact same thing with his Eibach's that you are doing and had to cut 3 different times before getting the front where he wanted it. Just cut judiciously the first time, then check.

hm

yeah because the springs only have about 20,000mi on them and I have the poly rear spring isolators and I like the way the rear sits but the front just sits higher than the rear...

I cut my H and R springs about 3/4's of a coil...that dropped the car another 1" in the front. I just sat the spring perpendicular to the ground then eyed up about how much lower I wanted it. Although this changes when the spring is compressed. I would start with 1/2 a coil and work your way from there.

Back