Cheap Moog Front Sway Bar End Links

Good for 1-2 days of road course work... or 6 months of normal commuting over smooth roads with no pot holes. :rolleyes:

I had a set of those and they started knocking about 2 months after I installed them but by this time I had ruled out end links because they were new:rolleyes: After a complete front end replacement including struts and all it was still knocking till I junked the car. When I pulled all the good parts off I looked at the end links and was like ~~~ as they rusted and were all worn out like a car with 200K. I brought them back to advance auto and they said those were the old ones I took off:mad: Went to Auto zone and bought there best ones for the 96 LX and they even have zerk fittings for greese. 100% better part. A good deal on front end parts might not be such a good deal.

I'm suprised you guys are saying Moog are junk, they actually have a very good reputation in the auto part world.

The moog sway bar end links do not have the set screw hole in the end of the shaft. Thus getting the nut on, and probably off can be a significant challenge since the shaft likes to just spin in the joint.

That's my anti-moog feeling. Try and find some TRW parts.

TRW and Moog are all the same. In fact you just don't know what you are getting anymore these days regardless of what is on the box.

As for any sway bar end link, they take lubrication to survive. If you got a cheap one, chances are they don't have any grease in them! This also applies to those cheap grade tie rod ends and ball joints. Most often all you need to do to keep them working is grease them which is why they have grease fittings when the OE ones do not. The OE used teflon inserts and were sealed whereas the cheaper aftermarket ones are not sealed and have grease fittings. OE is better, but sometimes availability and cost are an issue.

As for them spinning, that's what impact guns are for. ;) Never had a problem going in or out on any of them.

I had a set of those and they started knocking about 2 months after I installed them but by this time I had ruled out end links because they were new:rolleyes:
Yup! I don't mind paying double for a part that is as good as OEM and would hold up for 100000. Problem is I don't know where to get them :rolleyes: In fact, the low price is usuallly an indication of a lower quality part. :rolleyes:

TRW and Moog are all the same. In fact you just don't know what you are getting anymore these days regardless of what is on the box.

As for any sway bar end link, they take lubrication to survive. If you got a cheap one, chances are they don't have any grease in them! This also applies to those cheap grade tie rod ends and ball joints. Most often all you need to do to keep them working is grease them which is why they have grease fittings when the OE ones do not. The OE used teflon inserts and were sealed whereas the cheaper aftermarket ones are not sealed and have grease fittings. OE is better, but sometimes availability and cost are an issue.

As for them spinning, that's what impact guns are for. ;) Never had a problem going in or out on any of them.

X2. I also have a set of aftermarkets on one of mine. I will be going back to factory links (after Christmas) to try to get rid of the knockin'.

SWS

Im not sure the set I had were form Moog as I cant remember what was on the box. I didnt save it but I even stuffed greese under the boot before installing them. I think the boots did not fit right and the shaft did not seat far enough into the spindle housing leaving a opening that water could get in. The moral of the story here is buy the better part when it comes to the front end. I think zerks are a Plus. ;)

that's not enough.;) if you have it in there and throw a impact on it, it just spins and spins and spins. You need to put it in so that the shaft is under some stress.. i.e. slide the tip in, then lower the jack a bit so it binds in the hole, then you can impact the nut on

NOT Moog

So, I finally got these today, and they're not Moog as I thought, but some off-brand.

Live and learn... :mad:

I have grease zerks on mine and they only lasted a few months. The boots do not seal to them, they just "kind of" seal it until the end link turns and then they are worthless.

SWS

Back