i am in a wonderness with hp numbers.

That depends on what you have and how you want to get there. It will take more to get there with an auto than a 5spd, but in general here is a basic rundown.

1) Heads and cam. You won't do it with an internally stock motor.

2) Blower - Any good blower will get you there, some a little easier than others.

3) Intercooler - how much intercooler depends some what on how good your blower is but in general bigger is better and big fronts mounts are best.

4) Fuel - 255lph FI fuel pump and 50 or 60lb injectors. You'll need tuning as well but there is no magic power in the tune, just getting everything to work together properly.

5) Exhaust - 2.5" duals preferred or something that flows similar.

Those are the general categories of things you'll need to consider. What other supporting parts you get are a matter of personal preference and choice.

well...

i have things and i have wants..

i have my heads done, bigger valves, ported springs, 94 manifolds that we ported, cam, 10% pulley( may wait until i get a better blower and intercooler) CAi made from exhaust tubing:p thats all thats on my mind right now.

i want to get pistons for this, bored out to what is what im wondering right now. and rods are on my mind.

you know what they say. it takes money to go fast and make everything right.

i want to get pistons for this, bored out to what is what im wondering right now. and rods are on my mind.

The lower end of the motor will not likely help you make any more power. It might help it hold together a little better though.

You are starting in the right direction. I suggest putting the heads and cam on (if you haven't already) and then start working on all the other things I mentioned. I'd replace pistons and rods whenever that becomes necessary and not sooner.

well...

i have things and i have wants..

i have my heads done, bigger valves, ported springs, 94 manifolds that we ported, cam, 10% pulley( may wait until i get a better blower and intercooler) CAi made from exhaust tubing:p thats all thats on my mind right now.

you know what they say. it takes money to go fast and make everything right.

if you bore it go now more then .40, otherwise you might have to pack the block. like with my post (225 rwhp) its mostly your air flow and fuel delivery. Imo do as little of bore as you can and then deal with the other things.

Back